The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Free repairs for ESO plus

silky_soft
silky_soft
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously why not? Even 75% off or 50% would be acceptable. Hard enough that you nerfed AP and rewards of the worthy. IC is killing the bank for the PvP players with eso plus.

Even let us repair our gear with AP instead of gold.
Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just how many times are you dying that repair fees are "killing" the bank?
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attacking mobs that are on your healers, dying to sweepers and other mobs because players do no damage. Before could sell 248k ap for 100k easy. Now it's harder to get a buyer to convert my pvp currency to pve let alone get 100k for it.
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not that skilled, and even dying every other battle or so, I'm only averaging 300-500 in repairs for an evening's play. Actual vet characters would probably run even less.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Cookiethief
    Cookiethief
    ✭✭✭
    It's annoying that we can't use mats or ap to repair I agree, and even if it doesn't cost that much to repair, it's all the more reason to do it, 10/10 solid idea
    My biggest fear in life is, ending up marrying a girl who is lactose intolerant, think about it you would have to purchase double the amount of milk every week, cause you enjoy the goodness of full cream milk and she is drinking soy beans, and her milk takes up extra room in the fridge, or when you are doing a midnight run to the fridge to get a nice cup of milk and to accidentally pour some Soy milk. I couldn't imagine a worst way to do married life. - Barry Scott
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your idea about being able to repair for AP, though that should be something across the board I think, not just for ESO+ members.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free or 50% off would be awesome!!!!
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, free repairs sounds good.

Before people scream "Pay to win".
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • mandrakethebard_ESO
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Just how many times are you dying that repair fees are "killing" the bank?

Actually, I think that the biggest drain on resources isn't repairs due to dying... even when it happens, it's not that expensive. What kills my gold reserves is just repairing after normal fights. The repair costs from wear-and-tear seem to be a bit outrageous these days. I often walk out of a normal dungeon own more for repairs than I gained from loot.
  • Suntzu1414
    add repairs as a benefit for eso+.
    Is the best idea i've heard.

Silky. brilliant.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • vanzan
    vanzan
    ✭✭✭
    I would sub for that benefit!! I like repair with AP too
    Edited by vanzan on September 15, 2015 12:03AM
    Vanzan Lizardman - TKG

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh no give ESO+ 2 extra character slots, that would be fair. Free repairs would just be dumb.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • vanzan
    vanzan
    ✭✭✭

BigM wrote: »
    Free repairs would just be dumb.

Constructive comment there, so how do you fix the problem with pvp players having 2-4k repair bills just from doing PVP and no way to make money in excess of the repair costs incurred without doing something extra?

Lets just remember this was a problem initially and the solution was to have no repair costs in Cyrodill. Now all the fighting is in Imperial City which is a PVP DLC, so how is this going to be addressed?

Vanzan Lizardman - TKG

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vanzan wrote: »
    Free repairs would just be dumb.

Constructive comment there, so how do you fix the problem with pvp players having 2-4k repair bills just from doing PVP and no way to make money in excess of the repair costs incurred without doing something extra?

Lets just remember this was a problem initially and the solution was to have no repair costs in Cyrodill. Now all the fighting is in Imperial City which is a PVP DLC, so how is this going to be addressed?

It has to be something that helps everyone, not just ESO+ members, that would be unfair. Why should non members get screwed over?
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same reason non eso plus won't get 10% bonus to xp, inspiration, trait research and gold.

Why not repair for AP for everyone?
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh no give ESO+ 2 extra character slots, that would be fair. Free repairs would just be dumb.

When you end your sub, 2 people die?
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

When you end your sub, 2 people die?

No it would be like SWTOR, you would have to pick the characters you want or not want to use.
    ― Stephen Hawking