The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Monster helm drop rate

Dan198Zero
I have been grinding Dungeons since release on the PS4 and I've not had a single Helm drop. Its starting to get pretty disappointing. Considering everyone in my guild has numerous helms at different sizes. Im sorry but i also seem to get the same purple items constantly over and over again. I am starting to think my character is bugged.
PSN- Dan198Zero
VR14- DK Vampire- Ebonheart Pact
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    Lol
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    It's all RNG man. Just gotta keep running them
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I'm guessing you know this, but just incase you don't.. the helms only drop on vet dungeons and on final bosses. RNG can be painful, i've ran crypt of hearts on VR12 about 10 times in 24 hours with no luck. Keep plugging away :)
    Edited by DigitalShibby on September 15, 2015 1:09AM
  • Bloodhawke-Von_Uriel
    Im a Tank farming bloodspawns, i have done around 20 runs and not getting a helm, my teammates are constantly getting them, there seems to be a drop each run, usually going to a dps. im starting to think that maybe the chances are modified by DPS wich makes no sense considering that its always the DPS that seem to get the helms, though that makes no sense, especially since its a tank helm. This RNG is truely depressing.
    -Administrator of More Than Fair Fighters.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im a Tank farming bloodspawns, i have done around 20 runs and not getting a helm, my teammates are constantly getting them, there seems to be a drop each run, usually going to a dps. im starting to think that maybe the chances are modified by DPS wich makes no sense considering that its always the DPS that seem to get the helms, though that makes no sense, especially since its a tank helm. This RNG is truely depressing.

Nope. As a tank I've had more Scoria drops than any DPS... they kind of hate me for it. :cold_sweat:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Bloodhawke-Von_Uriel
    damn, we must just be the unlucky ones. i wish ESO had a system similar to D# where if you are in party wwith the person you can trade BOP items within a few hours of the drop with other people who where in the group when it dropped. would make this so much less painful for the unlucky few
    -Administrator of More Than Fair Fighters.