Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - The Infernal Dragon"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Battlemaster's Corner - The Infernal Dragon."

Read all about our latest featured ESOTU player build, the Infernal Dragon, a Dragonknight build that mixes hard-hitting front-line area-of-effect damage, fiery damage-over-time abilities, and powerful supportive shields.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how many people overlook the Coagulating Blood and Igneous Shield morphs "because I'm a killer, not a healer", ignoring the fact that both apply to healing done to yourself. Especially with the Burning Heart passive, pop a Coag, shield up, and then your next Coag will probably heal you for about 50%. Seriously, 8%, 6% and 30%. Do the math.
    Edited by MorHawk on May 11, 2015 6:01PM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, a Battlemaster's Thread released at the same time as it's article is posted, not days later =P

Damn Dragonknights XD

(I kid)
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    This build has been updated since the release of 1.6 when it was submitted:

DESTRUCTION BAR
    Green Dragon Blood (Dragon Blood): Same

Engulfing Flames (Fiery Breath): Exhale a bout of fiery death like a true Dragon! Aside from just looking awesome, the real benefit of Flames is its high powered DoT that causes victims to take extra damage from fire while active. Switch this with Eruption, the targetable area effect helps keep pressure in two places at once, or Extended Chains as needed for Trials.

Draw Essence (Inhale): Same

Fire Ring (Impulse): This ability is pure Incineration. I chose Elemental Ring because you can count on the DoT to do its damage versus bosses and players where Pulsar is not as reliable. This is my go to ability to execute low health enemies as it returns significant Mana with every kill.

Flames of Oblivion (Inferno): I went with the revamped Inferno mainly for the Spell and Weapon Crit buffs. The critical buffs have a major impact on DPS, added Fireballs launch on their own, and no cost makes this a no brainer. I’ll never use Magelight again.

Ultimate – Ferocious Leap (Dragon Leap): I spent a lot of time in love with Standard but I eventually tried Leap just to level the skill a bit and will tell you, Im NOT going back. Low cost allows for Battle Roar more often, it causes major area damage, tosses enemies into the air, and the Ferocious morph grants yet another super powered 100% Damage shield! (†)

(†) With Ferocious Leap now SEVEN stackable damage shields, not counting Prayer/Unstoppable buffs.

Edit: spelling
    Edited by Dreddnawt on May 12, 2015 5:59PM
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No riposte to my comment, @Dreddnawt?
    Agreed with Dragon Leap though. Even if everyone's running immovable, it's still worth it for improved Roarage and that shield.
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    @MorHawk

I chose Green Dragon because blocking and dodging are critical when you regularly agro 6-12 enemies at a time. With a heavily magicka based build I havent invested attributes, champ points, or many gear bonuses in Stamina so having that extra Regen through tight situations is essential. I understand Coag has a healing bonus that effects itself but Ive rarely had reason to spam DB to stack such a bonus.

That and when we do actually do the math, Dragon Blood heals 33% of missing health. With a 24k health pool that means a maximum 8k heal, if youre dead. So lets assume a 7k emergency heal when you just sucked up a 21k shot to the face. Add 8% of 7k and it turns out Coag increases DB healing by about 560hp. Pop it again, missing ~12k HP now, healing for 4k and the Coag bonus is 320HP. At best thats 1k extra health at a cost of 5k magicka compared to the abilities to break free, dodge, block, and use Unstoppable.

As for Igneous Shield, I think I said it plainly: Im not a healer. It wouldnt make sense to choose morphs that only compliment one ability when there is an alternative which compliments my entire role. I stack Shields and cause Harm. Fragmented causes Harm to anyone who breaks my Shields. I like to discourage others from breaking my shields. =)
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair cop, and thanks for the response. :)

Granted, the 8% is perhaps a poor trade for the increased stamina regen. Again though, I get that you're not a healer, and I'm certainly not trying to make you one, but a boom on breakage is hardly comparable to a whopping 30% increase to health restored (about 2.4k extra, using your example). That'll discourage people real good if your health bar fills up in a heartbeat.

Either way though, again, thanks for the response, and best of luck. :)
    Edited by MorHawk on May 12, 2015 4:05PM
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
  • Corrupted_Soul
    Corrupted_Soul
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving this build, it's very similar to what i'm running at the moment.

Wondering about the survivability of Max Magicka, 10 HP , 0 Stam ?
    Corrupted_Soul - V16 DK - PS4 NA
  • alaiham2002
    Its really nice once mastered
  • shagster2100_ESO
    shagster2100_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    U got a vid? Been using this build since I started agian. I really enjoy it almost vr 8 but not to worried about gear till 14. Build is very effective pve and pvp.
  • cromdubh68
    cromdubh68
    ✭✭
    This is a great build. It works exactly as intended. High damage, high survivability and great fun. As to the comments about more healing from Dragon's Blood, I can only guess that the poster made his comments before actually trying out the build (seeing as his comment was made immediately after the build was added). This happens with people that "do the math" rather than play the damn build. That extra stamina is far more useful than the extra healing, as experience with the build would have shown. It's not often you actually have to worry about heals with this build, as long as you are able to stay mobile and evasive.