Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

fast provisioning leveling

xRAGEx
xRAGEx
✭✭
Is it possible to get to level 50 provisioning in 8 hours?
Edited by xRAGEx on September 11, 2015 5:14AM
  • Siniztor
    Siniztor
    ✭✭✭
    its possable to do it in less then a hour..your just need gold...then buy a Blue recpice for every level 1/2 2/2 3/2 4/2...Then buy the food for each recipe and grind it out.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stockpile the following ingredients:
    • Fish
    • Flour - Pan-Fried Trout - Level 15
    • Cheese - Whiterun Cheese-Baked Trout - Level 20
    • Seasoning - Salted Cod - Level 25
    • Saltrice - Senchal Curry Fish and Rice - Level 30
    If you are fishing for the achievements, then you'll have plenty of fish laying around. If not, you can buy a metric boatload of fish in any guild store for relatively cheap. If you don't have the recipes, these too can be bought in the guild store. Then as you play through, loot these four ingredients and have at it. I've been cooking only Whiterun Cheese-Baked Trout and it's taken me to level 41, without grinding.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xRAGEx wrote: »
    Is it possible to get to level 50 provisioning in 8 hours?

You can do it in less than an hour, not including the time to get ingredients and recipes. Ignore the advice about blue recipes. They give no more inspiration than green, but require more ingredients. The other advice here is good. The best inspiration comes from using highest possible recipes at your current level, then moving up when you hit levels 20,30,40. Those highest recipes are any green ending in 5, so 15, 25, 35, 45. You only need one of each recipe and the ingredients to match it. Most are easy to come by, except level 25 for some reason. Recipes are dirt cheap right now, at least on PC. I leveled 7 alts this way. It takes more time to get recipes and ingredients than to hit level 50 from scratch.

Mostly the stuff you make is worthless, just vendor it. You can actually make a good bit of change through vendors if you max your passives to make 3 extra of whatever you cook or brew. VR10 recipes turn 2 stacks of more or less worthless ingredients into stacks worth 500g each.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siniztor wrote: »
    .then buy a Blue recpice for every level 1/2 2/2 3/2 4/2...

The first time you make a Blue or Purple Recipe (to get that Achievement), you get a larger inspiration boost, but after that, it gives the same as Greens.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Siniztor wrote: »
    .then buy a Blue recpice for every level 1/2 2/2 3/2 4/2...

The first time you make a Blue or Purple Recipe (to get that Achievement), you get a larger inspiration boost, but after that, it gives the same as Greens.

I'll hit level 50 on my first toon without ever using a Blue Recipe. :)
    Edited by CGPsaint on September 11, 2015 2:41PM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I'll hit level 50 on my first toon without every using a Blue Recipe. :)

On my first provisioner, long after he reached 50, and had made lots of Purples, I made a Blue Recipe for Guildmate. When I got the Achievement, I sat there stunned that I had not made a Blue recipe ever. And, this was about a year after the game came out.

• xRAGEx
    xRAGEx
    ✭✭
    Where can I get a pan fried trout recipe
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    You know about Guild Kiosks? There are 7 in each of the capital cities of each faction. There are 5 in each of the major cities of each other zone in all the factions. In addition there are single kiosks sprinkled all over the maps at random places, like the one near the Wyrd Tree Waypoint in Glenumbra.

Oddly Auridon and Stonefalls don't have the kiosks in the starter city, but are in another city someplace else on the map for that zone.

Visit the kiosks and you should be able to find almost any recipe you are looking for, with the exception of the first Writ recipes. They are fairly rare, but out there if you look enough.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    And if you want to follow the L15-25-35-45 plan:

Make 87 L15 - 70 L25 - 84 L35 and 115 L45

L15 recipe = 4950 IP
    L25 recipe = 8250 IP
    L35 recipe = 11550 IP
    L45 recipe = 14850 IP

You can't use any higher than L45 because to make a VR1/10 recipe you already have to be L50.

These numbers are for Plus with 10% extra IP given. For non-Plus just add the 10% to the numbers.

That is the quickest time to L50 if you have the resources. Using any other levels will just require more total made per level, the IP for L50 is still 3,667,895 no matter how you get it.
  • xRAGEx
    xRAGEx
    ✭✭
    Got to level 50!!! Thanks everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddly Auridon and Stonefalls don't have the kiosks in the starter city, but are in another city someplace else on the map for that zone.

There is one Kiosk in Davon's Watch and Vulkhel Gaurd (its near the docks). But your right in that you have to go to Ebonheart or Skywatch in those zones to have a group of kiosks to shop at.

• jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    I went from 3-50 in a little over an hour a few weeks ago. Would've been faster but i had to stop to farm ingredients.