The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

inevitable detonation: more power for the X in Xv1

xylena
xylena
✭✭✭✭✭
this skill is the polar opposite of a zerg buster, i've only ever seen it used by 1v1 sorcs and Xv1 groups trying to focus down a hard target...

an actual "zerg buster" skill would do very little damage to a single player, making it useless for the X side in Xv1... but doing more and more damage the more targets it hits, would be quite powerful for smaller organized groups or skilled solo players trying to combat blobs and the dozen yellows stealthing atop the nobles sewer entrance

related, why are there still all these complicated calculations that reduce aoe damage the more targets you hit? other than hurting performance and making blobs stronger uh... idk i cant even
Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does'nt prox det do more damage the more targets it hits?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »
    Does'nt prox det do more damage the more targets it hits?
    Only 5% and only up to 25%.

A ZOSolution in optima forma.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could go for changing prox det to have a larger radius and making it do no damage at all unless you are hitting at least 20. people with it.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well Inevitable is like it's made to be used with Curse (as if that was needed, but I happily used it).
    Besides that I really only saw it used by a few magicka Templars (but they switched to Proximity later) and an annoying magicka NB that did literally nothig else but spamming Inevitable on my group and Cloak away. Didn't kill anyone to this day though, so not sure what's wrong with it. There are much better and easier to use alternatives for "Xv1".
    Of course, I had hoped for a zergbuster skill in 1.5 when I heard it explodes when you purge it. Honestly, if this should be a good skill to hurt zergs, it at least has to scale with targets hit - with less base damage, no limit, and much better scaling than Proximity Detonation.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With how zergs seem to spam cleanse, Inevitable Detonation should do more damage when it goes off via cleanse as opposed to a normal explosion.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, inevitable destruction is WAY too powerful for 1v1. This ability needs a huge damage reduction against single targets.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing this skill at least works for stamina and magicka users.

Oh wait. It doesn't.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.