The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Level balance system option?

Starfractor
Starfractor
Soul Shriven
Hey. I've always wondered about find a way to go almost anywhere at any level. I always did go and explore different places on the other tes games but on eso, I have to go in a sort of strict order like other mmo games because of levels. Example EP you have to start at stonefall or you will be facing 10lvl stronger guys. Also you can't even explore all of it because of level disadvantages, which kind of sucks of a tes game. I thought of a level balance system that would let you go anywhere any time with no hard time. First it would be nice to start cadwells silver/gold before winning the main quests (so you have to do main quest to go to coldharbour which makes sense) with level balance option on, all enemies (higher and lower) will be at your level range so if your ad and your sick of valenwood at the moment, why not to to stormheaven highrock? The reason I ask for this is because I don't enjoy games that make that don't give you many options and es gives you a lot of options. But not as much in eso. I know that if you do a lvl 50 quest at lvl 24 you will have to wait a while for the rewards so level balance will make the reward and gold your level. I also don't want to get the ability to skip alliance stories otherwise you loose track if what's going on, just the skill to do any side quest or begin any alliance story at any time. That way I can get a more realistic game out of it, like tes should be.
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty is in applying this to a world where there are lots of people interacting with the same environment at the same time. For example, if you're in Stonefalls at lvl 50, and somebody's right next to you at lvl 7, what level should the mobs right in front of both of you be?

ESO does try something like this in Cyrodill, but rather than scaling the mobs, they scale the players. This is not without its problems, though, because it doesn't take into account the skill variety and morphs still available to players who are actually at the higher levels.
  • Starfractor
    Starfractor
    Soul Shriven
    Well if anyone has the lvl balance on it should apply to who ever is fighting the beast also. If someone with lvl balance fights with someone who doesn't, lvl balance won't apply. Player boost/nerf instead of monster is smart but with what I said before, idk how it can work, maybe you loose the boost if you join someone with out the option and get the buff if you join someone with it.