Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Art of Werewolf PVP Combat

Celas_Dranacea
Celas_Dranacea
✭✭✭✭✭
My brothers and sisters with the blood of the wolf - it's time for a thread to discuss how best to use our gift in PVP.

As a wood elf, I feel those in whom the blood runs strongest are my people, the Bosmer and our brothers the Khajit. Thus, the truest members of our gifted race belong to Aldmeri Dominion, but I hope this thread also benefits our wayward brothers who mistakenly rally to the false banners of DC and EP - alliances that should have no claim to our wild blood - in the hopes that they will also grow in their mastery of our blessing and show themselves on the field of battle more often

Public service announcement: For any werewolves who would like an invitation to the the illustrious AD Werewolf/PvP Guild Children of Hircine (NA PC), message our illustrious leader Telel.

Using our gift in PVP is a serious challenge, and I will share my humble thoughts on the matter before opening it up to others, as I am by no means an expert, just a lifelong student of Hircine.

Philosophy
Wolves are cunning pack animals. They are smart and strategic. To often have I seen my brothers launch themselves headlong into a hopeless battle, overcome by the wild joy of the hunt. These poor werewolves are quickly overcome by superior numbers because they think that we are somehow invincible and OP.

Guys you are in no way invincible as a werewolf. In fact, you are extremely vulnerable. All the races of Tamriel have an inbred urge to murder werewolves. Too many centuries of us snacking on their children I suppose. When you transform, everyone automatically wants to kill you more than any other player they might see.

For this reason werewolves are most suitable for group pvp, and IMO we should play the role of a disruptor.

This vulnerability + your role as a disruptor means that you only transform when the battle is even or the tides are turning in your favor. You role is crowd control, aesthetics and that very special "oh ***" factor. Your job is to literally to sow chaos and drive fear into the hearts of your enemies, while amusing and inspiring your allies as you devour the corpses of your enemies.

For example, You can use the attention you draw, and your perceived vulnerability to your groups advantage by using pounce and your increased movement speed to move around a battle, so long as you immediately self heal and draw those distracted enemies back into the core of your group.

Abilities - Just a quick shorthand review. Maybe some later reply will deal with morphs:

- Pounce - gap closer, stun off balance enemies
- Hircines bounty - self heal
- Roar - fear 3 enemies
- Piercing Howl - damage + knockdown
- Infectious Claws - disease aoe damage + dot

Rotations - just some ideas of what I mean.
- See a Mage bolting away? Pounce > piercing howl > claws > roar
- Want to bomb a group of enemies in the midst of a fight? Pounce > fear > bounty > claws > find target and pounce out of the ball cause your about to die > howl > bounty > run back to your group and reset
- Your team is winning and you want to just add a little "f you" for color? Feed on a corpse > pounce > howl > claws > fear > feed on a corpse > repeat
- You overextended? Fear > bounty > run! > bounty > run back to your group
- Facing an even group and the odds are questionable? Drawn attention by: pounce to an enemy on the outskirts > fear > pounce to the next furthest away enemy > fear > pounce to the enemy closest to your group > fear > stay near your healer and claws/fear anybody around > rinse and repeat

This is about all the attention span I have for this, as I am a werewolf and hungry for death. So I would love to hear all of you more experienced pack leaders with your insights on werewolf PVP combat - I have a lot to learn - and welcome any questions from pups out there.

May your maw be always full of fresh killed meat.
A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Xqluded
    Xqluded
    ✭✭✭
    Even After reading all of this.....I still hope to see a transformed werewolf so I can have a free kill.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One things for sure, Your not generally better off as a werewolf than in your normal form. But I like the challenge!
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And perhaps xqluded - one day you will think a skilled werewolf is an easy kill, only to be led into
    A trap set by his allies :)
  • Xqluded
    Xqluded
    ✭✭✭
    And perhaps xqluded - one day you will think a skilled werewolf is an easy kill, only to be led into
    A trap set by his allies :)

Honestly, I hope so. I'd like to see people playing werewolf like it was meant to be played.
  • MADCIBERKITER
    Cool guide, good tips! Werewolf are part of this game and Cyrodiil is not only populated by vampire and werewolf killers! Werewolf can offer great support in battle and by far the best hunters!
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol werewolves are only targets, down boy vampires are the kings of the underworld
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come near me you filthy vampire and I'll hump your leg
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    WW used under right condition is a very powerful tool.

I usually 2hit most enemies bc of the fancy knockback. I got 2,8k weapdmg and my Howl hits for 14k. On feared enemies 17k+.

Most of the times I die from *** animation canceled Dawnbreaker...

I hope they dont *** up WW in the next patch
    Edited by Alcast on August 2, 2015 8:12PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool guide, good tips! Werewolf are part of this game and Cyrodiil is not only populated by vampire and werewolf killers! Werewolf can offer great support in battle and by far the best hunters!

???
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My brothers and sisters with the blood of the wolf - it's time for a thread to discuss how best to use our gift in PVP.

As a wood elf, I feel those in whom the blood runs strongest are my people, the Bosmer and our brothers the Khajit. Thus, the truest members of our gifted race belong to Aldmeri Dominion, but I hope this thread also benefits our wayward brothers who mistakenly rally to the false banners of DC and EP - alliances that should have no claim to our wild blood - in the hopes that they will also grow in their mastery of our blessing and show themselves on the field of battle more often.

... Silly pup, Hircine sees no banner colors, this war of kings is nothing compared to the thrill of the Hunt!

Edited by Chrlynsch on August 2, 2015 8:54PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother, I understand your sentiments and I respect you. It is unfortunate that if I find you on the battlefield, I must rip your throat out and lap blood from your torn chest cavity, instead of running as a pack together.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother, I understand your sentiments and I respect you. It is unfortunate that if I find you on the battlefield, I must rip your throat out and lap blood from your torn chest cavity, instead of running as a pack together.
    ***-erotic S&M ERP is against forum policy.
    Edited by Warraxx on August 3, 2015 5:31PM
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha

Yeah you don't want to stumble in on a romantic encounter with werewolves, it's not pretty.
  • 710Conspiracist
    710Conspiracist
    Soul Shriven
    I've recently received the gift, and have found this thread most helpful. So much to learn and Master!
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fighting a stamina sorc last night and saw him transform into lightning form WW.
    Beautiful and intimidating thing to behold.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like using hardened armor and gdb on my dk before transforming.

Berserker werewolf thats see through with a pounding heart, and massive spikes sticking out his back and arms...
  • Dinnoslav
    Dinnoslav
    ✭✭
    Glad to see more fellow followers of the Lord of the Hunt :) If anyone wants to team up, there's a guild Priests of Hircine on EP EU, you are all welcome.

WW is great for 1vs1 and small scale pvp, but with few more WWs it can be carnage. I am really looking to PvP with more Manbeasts. I am pretty satisfied with WWs state at this time, ofcourse it can always be improved RP or funcionaly, I have been WW since beta, and was not using the ultimate until they fixed a lot of stuff and I have to say that ulti is now almost always win in 1vs1.

I lift my weapons to you!
    Bless them, and guide them true—
    A bow!
    A sword!
    A dagger!
    A claw!
    Let the sport begin!
    Let the blood spill!
    Hunter and hunted,
    In a chase to the death!

Stribog
    Edited by Dinnoslav on September 7, 2015 9:38PM
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see the conversation continuing - now I want to see sorc and dk wws transform w their class abilities!

Also a further resource is @Lefty_Lucy YouTube page - he doesn't know it but he's my ww idol currently
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun writeup. I have been a were since .. well.. since I hit the Rift on EP side last summer. That said. the zerg balls in IC are tailor made for Werekind.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xqluded wrote: »
    Even After reading all of this.....I still hope to see a transformed werewolf so I can have a free kill.
    Boo, Girl.

BOOOOOOO!!!

:s
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thread. Made me picture a whole heard of werewolves in PvP, that would be hilariously frightening. Makes me want to turn my Wood Elf into a werewolf.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    #WW4LIFE

Keep it up boys - I want to see more wolves on the battlefield!!!
    Competetive small scale PvP'er.
    GM of Afterburner - DC small scale PvP guild

YouTube: youtube.com/leftylucy_pvp
    Livestream: twitch.tv/leftylucy_pvp