Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - The Berserker"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster's Corner - The Berserker."

Read about this Nightblade build that doesn't stick to the shadows. Be sure to tell us about your build, too!
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on January 20, 2015 4:06PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I would change on this build is making two-handed just one bar, leaving the 2nd bar to swap to a different weapon depending on needs of the fight:

- SnS - for when you need added defense
    - dualwield - for all out carnage
    - Bow - for a ranged option
    - resto (optional) - used as utility bar, but mostly for ward and ultimate charging

I currently run Two-Handed with SnS:

Bar 1: Precise Two-Handed
    1. Carve - primary AOE skill, used to build ultimate
    2. Wrecking Blow - primary single target, used with heavy attack clip
    3. Executioner - single target execute
    4. Rally - Boost dmg, self Heal
    5. Focused Attacks - stam regen
    U. Flawless DB - 13% dmg boost

Bar 2: Precise Sword, Infused Shield
    1. Ransack - debuff target armor, buff your armor(surprise attack when in group)
    2. Invasion - charge + stun
    3. Absorb Magic - defense boost, plus heal when nuked by caster
    4. Power Extraction - AOE dmg boost
    5. Utility Slot
    U. Veil of Blades - use power extraction and carve for 100% uptime in AOE

When running Bow or Duelwield, I run refreshing path on the 2nd bar...this is used as a gap closer and escape.

I also run similar setups on my sorc and templar as well:
    - Sorc skills used are crit surge, lightning form, streak, and negate
    - Templar skills used are radient aura, blazing shield, breath of life, and nova
    - Currently working on DK using talons, GDB, igneous weapons, and standard

Gear is 5 Hunding's Rage, 3 Ashen Grip, 3 Shadow Walker jewelry(until I complete the Berserking Warrior set)

I run potion speed glyphs with my Argonian NB for almost 100% uptime of weapon crit potions, making this build able to sustain 1500+ single target dps long term!

Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'll have to change the internalized name of my berserker build who is a short range AoE build using Dragonknight abilities and dual-wield .
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • yiunko
    yiunko
    ✭✭
    Hi, maybe I miss it, but can you explain the Rally-Executioner synergy you mentioned?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this build made my have hope for NB again it also made me squeel
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this build made my have hope for NB again it also made me squeel

I been using a build like this since July. It is nice with the changes to stamina in update 5 and the update to more bonuses on gear in update 3. I would prefer not to use other weapons because my character prefers only two hand weapons. I also prefer to use leeching strikes on both bars because leeching strikes heals more depending on how much health you have. The debuff does not really hinder my character because I have plenty of ways to reach the soft cap on weapon damage. This may change in update 6 with soft caps being remove. I cannot wait to try my build with the new stamina morph for teleporting strike in the next update.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy character builds that 'think outside the square' and are somewhat novel. I believe the berserker nightblade is one, well done!
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot, my build got used =)

I have changed a few things since sending in the original build, I often swap in a bow for my second weapon now (especially for pvp) having learned about the magnum shot -> critical rush synergy from the blood knight build. I'm sure more will change once 1.6 goes live as well, with so many ability changes in the works.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Ninety9lives
    Ive got a level 31 one of thez, only diff is, its ultimate is WW, so strong.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive got a level 31 one of thez, only diff is, its ultimate is WW, so strong.

I do have lycanthropy for the extra stamina regeneration, but werewolf is suicide at vet ranks IMO, it just doesnt stand up to enemy attacks well enough.
    PS4 / NA
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    Really cool build idea, Lynx. Even like the barbarian style outfit. My nb assassin has been a bit stale, will have to try this out.
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't wish to tale anything from the creator of the build as it's an interesting idea and it's good to see non-sneaky Nightblades out there.

But... this is basically the staple set of skills used by Nightblades who don't sneak, right now we have a few skills which work with any build as buffs but not many attacks which are not themed around the sneak and stab approach.

I would love to see an update from the creator on this build after 1.6 is deployed and they have more access to stamina based class skills.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see an update from the creator on this build after 1.6 is deployed and they have more access to stamina based class skills.

Once I know what's changing I'll post a new build here =P
    PS4 / NA
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have similar build, but use bow for secondary.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, the bow definitely synergizes with 2handed pretty well, magnum shot + critical rush works wonders in pvp.
    PS4 / NA
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it looks like this build will get some heavy changes with 1.6, if the patch notes are anything to go on. A lot of weapon damage buff stacking will no longer be possible, so damage potential is going to drop, but I think the survivability factor will go up pretty heavily now that I'll be able to keep bolstering shadows active via surprise attack.

The stamina based version of ambush is also looking pretty sweet for the berserker, though I'm really hard pressed to replace critical rush with anything.
    PS4 / NA
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    Dredging up this topic because I'm VERY interested in playing a Berserker style NB.

My first question was in regards to the original build. Either I overlooked it, or it wasn't stated, but, how would you distribute your Attributes? I would assume a mix of Health and Stamina to keep up the fight and boost durability, but was unsure and wanted your Point of View.

My next question is in regards to the 1.6 update. What changes, if any, have you made since 1.6? I've already noticed that they removed Haste(Focused Attacks). How would you update this to keep it close to the original?

Thank you in advance for any replies. And again, Loving this build and concept :)
    Edited by Marukeru on March 21, 2015 12:56PM
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I was playing a pure bow character that I just decommissioned, because every fight was turning into a kite war, that turned into a melee fight as soon as the enemy managed to get close enough to me. So, I was going to try this out, till I saw your note on 21 Jan, stating you would update this build here. Are you still working on that? Or is the current build in the Battlemaster's Corner - The Berserker the latest update?

I also echo the comments above, what about your attribute distribution? All stam?

Another request I have, please stay with the original build that had 2H weapon on both bars. I see some comments about playing with a bow, and that right now is the furthest from my mind.

Thanks.

• cromdubh68
    cromdubh68
    ✭✭
    I really like this build "as is", in the original form. It's a great concept build that adds a bit of character to my.....ummm.....character.
    As usual we have people banging on about effectiveness in pvp etc etc. I had no idea that all builds presented had to be viable in pvp rather than just different and novel takes on the usual humdrum class builds. As I said elsewhere, if we all worried about making the most effective builds, we'd all be using the same few anyway.
    This build plays as a berserker, it feels like one. I'm not in favour of switching the second bar to a bow, as suddenly it isnt a berserk in my opinion and it loses some of the appeal as a concept. This build is great fun to play and THAT is the important thing. It's a game and it is meant to be fun