The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thanks Sorcalin I really needed 5 Repair Kits.

manny254
manny254
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If you wanted to prove that none of you play your own game this was a master plan. After earning 4.9 million ap this campaign cycle these five repair kits where what I was waiting for this whole time. I mean it not like 5 repair kits equals 1,500 ap. It not like that is one and a half kill quests worth of ap.
8ae43dc1-c10b-44d6-b674-9f2afe8730f2_zpskqaqc3oy.png
Edited by manny254 on August 31, 2015 8:06PM
- Mojican
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you got 6K gold too!
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    lawl thats [snip]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 14, 2018 8:33PM
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've earned every single one of those repair kits. Well done, buddy
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and they don't stack with existing kits either btw.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Suntzu1414
    congrats!!
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was kind of boggled that they added repair kits to rewards.

At least they buffed the repair by 25% (and I'm assuming since AP is influenced by the amount repaired the AP rewarded for using them).

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I at least got 20....lololol
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dearest Adventurer,

Those stones you hold are not merely a "Masonry Repair Kit", they were personally carried by High Warlord Sorcalin on a journey throughout Dominion. On this EPIC journey, many bright moons passed during this time, imbuing them with the power of moonlight! Green Lady and the Silvenar gifted the strength of the forest and beast alike by using these critical war materials as skipping stones while drinking skooma.

Actually, these mere 5 repair kits may not seem plentiful, but considering they have been sitting in Sorcalins inventory for over a year and she never repaired jack @#$!, your better off using them then her.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank uncle Sheo it's only 20 stones max per mail. If I received more than I can spend in a single siege, I'd be really annoyed that they don't stack with the ones I bought.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious what they are supposed to cough up with the new update? I mean you probably have all the master weapons and they were going to be v14 anyway.

What if they awarded the new jewelry or even the White Gold/Imperial Prison sets? Maybe they can correct this error AND make sure you get some decent loot for 4.5 million AP? That only sounds fair.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just curious what they are supposed to cough up with the new update? I mean you probably have all the master weapons and they were going to be v14 anyway.

What if they awarded the new jewelry or even the White Gold/Imperial Prison sets? Maybe they can correct this error AND make sure you get some decent loot for 4.5 million AP? That only sounds fair.

What makes me angry is the fact that if they played their own game they would understand that those repair kit are practically an insult to anyone who plays pvp and plays the objective. In a night of pvp before the patch most players in a good group would go through easily 200 repair kits a night. How silly is it that they think after a 30 day campaign players would view 5 repair kit as a reward.

It is simply a great anecdote to show how they either do not play the game or do not understand it.
    Edited by manny254 on September 9, 2015 2:47PM
    - Mojican
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does top 2% not get anything anymore?
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I at least got 20....lololol

Go Daggerfall Covenant!

Suru
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    and mine wouldn't even stack with the other 70 in my inv lawl

rip decibel
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

Same XD
    EU | PC | AD
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

Same XD

I destroyed them immediately when I found that out

rip decibel
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to make you feel better, I'm a PVP Scrub, earned 50k AP in the campaign and got 20 :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind receiving stones, per se. But it needs to be a full stack (100-200) or something. 5-20 stones is just lol-worthy. I burn a stack of stones (or two) in one solid session cyro session.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how this even came up as a good idea at the dev meetings?? Actual programming time was allocated to ths!
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually on second thoughts maybe its ZOS way of letting noobs know these things exist and that all those people you see teabagging walls to repair them are actually using these!
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »
    Actually on second thoughts maybe its ZOS way of letting noobs know these things exist and that all those people you see teabagging walls to repair them are actually using these!

Then they should include them in regular rewards of the worthy, not once per week/month, that's worthless.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    It is simply a great anecdote to show how they either do not play the game or do not understand it.

I am so dense sometimes. I read "repair" kit and I thought it was a gear repair kit they were giving you (at least it would help a little in IC but it would probably be even more ironic for PvP now that I think about it)

I really like the devs at least from what I can tell from their projected personalities on their twitch streams both personal and the Friday shows for the company. Brian Wheeler in particular is really entertaining to watch as he plays and takes sips from a huge mug. When the devs ventured out into the PTS IC it was like watching some casual players out on a picnic.

I think they play their game but they only see certain aspects because they are not hard core players. QA testers are not looking at big picture issues like why am I being rewarded with wall repair kits. They are of course not supposed to.

I know from personal experience that playing your own games is hard. Even though you might have done the design that doesn't mean that you have mastered the mechanics and skills that the game requires. I was always amazed at the almost rain man OCD approaches that players would come up with to beat some of my games.

Now that I am retired, it's been very interesting to see the rain man OCD side of the picture. LOL.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes me angry is the fact that if they played their own game they would understand that those repair kit are practically an insult to anyone who plays pvp and plays the objective. In a night of pvp before the patch most players in a good group would go through easily 200 repair kits a night. how silly is it that they think after a 30 day patch players would view 5 repair kit as a reward.

I think it's a symptom of both, but that's just me. And yes, they don't even stack with the ones we buy on our own. WTF... is it THAT hard to get stuff right? Playing devil's advocate though, I think they put the stones there for the blackwater blade crowd. They just had no clue how to give it to them only. Progammings...they tricksy I say, all tricksy!
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't use them all on one wall now.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youll need it next campain as you repair lots of walls.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if( !current_session.player.wasEmp() ) {

send( REPAIR_KIT * 5 )

}
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Force-Siphon
    Force-Siphon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol rekt
    The one and only Force Siphon - PVP Sorc NA
    1 man zerg

twitch.tv/forcesiphon
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What makes me angry is the fact that if they played their own game they would understand that those repair kit are practically an insult to anyone who plays pvp and plays the objective. In a night of pvp before the patch most players in a good group would go through easily 200 repair kits a night. How silly is it that they think after a 30 day campaign players would view 5 repair kit as a reward.

Wait, people still repaired in 1.6?
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's a hint we need to repair walls..LOL
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's a hint we need to repair walls..LOL

No one is damaging any walls. Cyrodiil is empty, and there are no walls in IC.