Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nord DragonKnight help!

nbksaske
nbksaske
✭✭✭
hey,

first discussion so be nice lol

i've not long managed to get my DK up to VR1 and im really having a hard time beating anything VR2 or upwards and in PVP (getting destroyed) ive reset my skills twice now , changed playing style, i dont know if once you hit VR its suppose to be a long hard process or not, all i know is im not having fun with it right now

any hints and tips would be mega helpful

• Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really didn't give people much to go on besides you're VR1and struggling. VR PVP is tough so don't get discouraged and try to remember right now you're the bottom of the food chain compared to people VR14+.

What weapon are you using? Skills? Attribute distribution?
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    attributes are currently, 29 in health, 20 in stamina, none in magika. , main hand is two handed sword with, unstoppable, coagulating blood, rapid maneuver, silver shards, lava whip and take flight as ultimate

secondary im using frost staff with

frost clench, blockade of frost, crushing shoch, weakness of elements and soul trap as ultimate.

probably not the best selection lol
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    nbksaske wrote: »
    attributes are currently, 29 in health, 20 in stamina, none in magika. , main hand is two handed sword with, unstoppable, coagulating blood, rapid maneuver, silver shards, lava whip and take flight as ultimate

secondary im using frost staff with

frost clench, blockade of frost, crushing shoch, weakness of elements and soul trap as ultimate.

probably not the best selection lol

Part of your problem might be that you are using a frost staff where all the damage is going to scale off magicka. If you are going to concentrate mainly on stamina as your primary damage attribute, you will want to pick a second weapon that also scales off stamina (so basically anything but staves).

• ZheinLevin
    ZheinLevin
    ✭✭
    You may also want to be acquainted with fire. Fire weapons, enchants, spells, skills etc., since your DK is made to burn stuff to the ground.

As a rule of thumb, anything that uses stamina will scale damage from stamina; thus, your Ice staff really isn't benefiting from your stamina pool. I would suggest Dual Wielding or Two-Handed if you would prefer to remain a stamina DK.

Dual Wielding offers probably the best weapon damage stat you can get and probably the best stamina AoE you can get. As for Two-Handed, morph Uppercut to wrecking blow for single targets and Cleave to Brawler for survivability. (all these in PvE).

I've only recently returned after a year of hiatus and have not stepped a foot in Cyrodiil (except my first login) so I cannot give you PVP tips.
    NA Ebonheart Pact
    Cuddles the Tyrant - VR16 Orc Dragon Knight | Little Whirlwind - VR16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Boogie Wonderland - VR6 Redguard Templar | Flabby Tabby - Noob Khajiit Nightblade
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    nbksaske wrote: »
    main hand is two handed sword with, unstoppable, coagulating blood, rapid maneuver, silver shards, lava whip and take flight as ultimate
    I think that your setup is a bit too defensive for PvE. You have only two skills to deal some damage, silver shards and the lava whip. The former is rather expensive and should imo only be slotted when you're going to encounter undeads. The latter scales off magicka, as does your whole second bar.

Have a look at the 2H skill line! There are some decent skills that will boost your dps and there is a nice heal that will boost your weapon damage. In PvE, I think that the standard of might tops any other ultimate.

You might want to consider wearing at least some pieces of medium armor, since it increases your crit chance and your stamina regeneration. Survivability can be acchieved by killing the opponent faster, not only by outliving him.
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well for starters lava whip probably isn't the best choice since you don't have any points into magicka. It probably hits like a noodle. Same with your back bar. With no points into magicka you probably don't want to use all magicka dps spells since their damage scales off max magicka. Use skills from the 2h skill line.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for all the help, ive reset my skills , and ive chnged to medium armour and filled that skill line as much as it would let me, my main is still 2H with all of 2H skills cleave, uppercut etc, and dragon leap (if thats the right word) as my ULT. second hand i decided to go dual wield. ..... went and tried it out against some random V3 bots and its much better :smile: