Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ebonheart: Best Stealing Location I've Found

Sunburnt_Penguin
Sunburnt_Penguin
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

After a bit of time searching the Web and traipsing across the map in the search of lucrative stealing areas, I accidentally found a gem in Windhelm that's great for farming for gold, motifs and recipes.

It's the first building on the left to the North East of the inner city Outlaw Refuge. It has an intermediate lock, 22 nodes plus 2x advanced silver box locations and 2 NPCs that don't cause an issue:
3x Nightstands/Desks
2x Wardrobes/Cupboards
3x Drawers/Trunk
3x Sacks
11x Crates/Barrels/Baskets
The 2x silver boxes are downstairs by the worktops and upstairs between the basket and the bookshelf
1x NPC on each floor

Simply do a sweep and then log out and back in but you're going to farm with a friend I'd recommend logging out at the same time to increase chances of silver boxes spawning.

Give it a go, let me know if it's of any use and if there's anywhere better!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I will check this out.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus No problem, the place is great and my Veteran friends have now taken to it over their previous spots.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is the tribunal temple in mournhold, stealing from the three >:) it has many desks around 4, 4 safeboxes(I think) 2 of them behind people that never turn around 1 barely guarded and many barrels and even dwemer urns. best place for novices to learn to steal. just be careful if you get caught I don't think you will be able to escape without teleporting as there is only one exit and ordinator guards are everywhere.
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on September 8, 2015 6:57PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RAGUNAnoOne Thanks, I'll try this out tonight and let you know. I got a Dwemer motif from farming in the place near the Harbourage but the reset on it is temperamental.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply do a sweep and then log out and back in...
    It's faster to enter the outlaw hideout and exit. All you need to do is leave the zone and reenter it to reset those coffers.

Also, watch your back. I'm sending the Dark Brotherhood after you for giving out my secret. ;)

Okay, I'll be nice and share another secret that's not well known.

As most people know, those purple motifs can be tricky to find, but there's one building with a likely chance (but not guarateed) to produce it, if you're willing to work for it. I discovered this entirely by accident, but it's no coincidence two separate characters found a purple motif in the same building.

In Eastmarch, there's a quest where you have to decide dinner: Bear steaks or goat stew. To the right is an inn. Enter the inn and check everything, including sacks.

DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING[*]! Instead, search everything. If you don't find the motif, leave and head east into the cave. This takes you out of the zone. Return to the inn and repeat.

I have found both the Daedric and Barbaric motif in a sack on the first floor with both characters.

How did I discover this? Because on my first character, I left the inn without grabbing the quest. Went back, and just swept the area again to see if anything changed. There it was, a Barbaric motif.

Yesterday, my first sweep netted nothing, but I remembered the quest, so I left, went to the cave, returned, and there was the Daedric motif.

Certainly can't be a coincidence.

[*] So why can't you take anything? Some areas will retain their "search" status when you take something. For example, you take something from a nightstand, but when you return, the nightstand isn't reset, but shows as empty, even if you exit the zone.
  • ZheinLevin
    ZheinLevin
    ✭✭
    If you ever find a door with an advanced lock let me know. It definitely has to be a door. I'm gonna grind the hell out of it xD
    NA Ebonheart Pact
    Cuddles the Tyrant - VR16 Orc Dragon Knight | Little Whirlwind - VR16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Boogie Wonderland - VR6 Redguard Templar | Flabby Tabby - Noob Khajiit Nightblade
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZheinLevin wrote: »
    If you ever find a door with an advanced lock let me know. It definitely has to be a door. I'm gonna grind the hell out of it xD

Most any of the Manor houses have Advanced Locks. I have even found them in Zone 2, but more of them in Zones 4 and 5

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »

[*] So why can't you take anything? Some areas will retain their "search" status when you take something. For example, you take something from a nightstand, but when you return, the nightstand isn't reset, but shows as empty, even if you exit the zone.

I have found that if I open a container to look but move on, when I come back to it's empty more often than not. Last night I was in the Inn in Rocklaw (yes I spelled it wrong shoot me) and poked my nose into every container while I was chatting on TS. Well I saw some nice loot so after the talk I went back to those containers and each one was empty even though I took nothing out. I see this happen all the time TBH. It seems to happen more so with owned containers than un-owned.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"