Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

How do I change to dx11?

BlackEar
BlackEar
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

My game keeps crashing because it runs in dxd9 according to user settings.
Currently playing on Win10 with dx12 installed.

I can't change usersettings to dxd11 or dxd12 it gives an error message (that it cant find dxd11.dll in system32) and changes back to dxd9.
Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Options
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope they patch to use dx12
    Options
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @BlackEar !

Can we please have your support ticket number so one of our agents can take a closer look? Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭

in case support would look in this thread I have a ticket for the same issue: #150908-002313
    Edited by remraub16_ESO on September 8, 2015 8:52PM
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Here:

[Incident: 150904-001685]

My issue was solved through help of customer service.
    I believe the method that worked for me was reinstalling the launcher, running as admin and putting it windows xp service pack 3.

PS: I could not use game consultant. The file would not appear.
    Edited by BlackEar on September 8, 2015 8:54PM

Achievement hunter:

Options
  • remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Did you reinstall just the launcher, not the whole game? Cause I've been trying all the different compatibility settings.

Oh and are you now running on dx11?
    Edited by remraub16_ESO on September 8, 2015 10:47PM
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @remraub16_ESO

Regarding the dx setting, I am at work right now, I can check when I get home.

I deleted the launcher folder and downloaded it again. After installing I could not simply play the game but had the download and install the whole game again even though it was already installed. The launcher showed "install" instead of "play".

Edited by BlackEar on September 9, 2015 10:01AM

Achievement hunter:

Options
  • remraub16_ESO
    remraub16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Yeah I did a full reinstall and my issues are now solved. Not a single crash for 8 hours :open_mouth:

Now to get sweetfx working with dx11 ><
    Options