The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why do keep in Cyrodiil have walls?

• wizardpsx
    wizardpsx
    yeah i dont see the harm of ladders/siege ramps.

i only mentioned ramps because i dont think any ladders are in the game as climbable animations. just make it a ramp that suddenly appears or something.

i dont see how it would be game breaking, a seige ramp would not flag a keep so defenders could still "Port there" and everything mentioned should be for the outer wall.

also i think trebs should not work on inner door, it should require a battering ram and defenders protecting the ram users. right now its just shell from far away and rush in.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think siege shouldn't be allowed to be setup inside a keep, hell we do it on DC all the time and it feels cheap just spamming ballista shots as people rush in.

I also think it would be cool for basic nps to have simple siege gear, so you could (if you're guild owned) spend money and upgrade it to have some guards.with siege setups, or more guards, I'd love to have a proper full on battle, atm it's far too quick destroy a keep.

We took nickel outpost the other day in a grand total of 5 minutes, even less I think, keeps are a joke.
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep designs in this game are poor all around, outside the fact they can be destroyed which is cool.

1. Many keeps and even one tower can be entered without breaking any walls.
    2. You cans siege inner wall before breaking outer.
    3. Keep buffs are meaningless
    4. Guards cannot be upgraded to actually matter when needed (remember DAOC..apparently not)
    5. No one attacks keep doors which are the easiest to defend
    6. Defending the inner keep is a perfect example of bad design, no room/LOS for siege.
    7. Putting flags on bottom floor is dumb, especially when enemy can run upstairs and pour oil on you
    8. Purge and Barrier groups completely negate any keep defence, is these 2 spells did not exist the game would be 1000% better.

It's clear whoever designed the keep never looked at any real life ones, or thought of them from a strategic standpoint.

Edited by Wycks on September 1, 2015 9:39PM
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    We took nickel outpost the other day in a grand total of 5 minutes, even less I think, keeps are a joke.

No one should be wasting time or resources defending, or repairing, outposts.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We defended it beforehand, as the ad zerg decided they really really wanted it, took them a grand total of nearly an hour to take it from us (that's an hour AFTER breaking down the wall) So we thought it was funny to let the zerg move on, and take it again in under 5 mins..
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit torn on the fact usurping the walls is complete *** how ever it does shake things up ZoS needs to fix all the keep defense bugs or embrace them and detail how it works and go from there but all this "it's an unintended bug" then the we fixed it for real this time
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword