Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions on leveling in the new content

Syrani
Syrani
✭✭✭✭
Hello,
I have been away from the game for quite a while, and have been patiently waiting for new content to come back to. I see the new DLC is now live, and I see that it's mostly PVP. I do not PVP, so I am wondering how I would level from V14 to V16. Would I have to run the two new dungeons over and over, or are there PVE quests that I can do without worrying about getting involved in PVP?

Any info you could provide on the PVE aspect of this DLC would be greatly appreciated, as I am trying to decide if it's worth purchasing for a purely PVE player.

Thanks so much!
S.
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP either, but from what I can gather, there is no way to do the new quests without risking the zerg. The first one sends you up into the districts to get ganked, ffs.

I heard something about all dungeons scaling to V16, you could grind out your levels there if that's all you need. But the crafting and sets? PvP or shell out the gold to buy it from other players. Sigh.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, it was kind of what I was afraid of. :(

I don't understand why a game company would gate max level gear, and ways of getting to max level, behind only one type of play when you have both PVE and PVP players in the game. It makes no sense to me, and I was hoping there would be more options.

Hopefully, in future DLC, they will provide ways to level and get max level gear for all types of players. (Ways that don't involve having to buy gear instead of earning it yourself.) Based on past experience with this game, I won't hold my breath.

Thanks for the response,
    S.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Syrani wrote: »

I don't understand why a game company would gate max level gear, and ways of getting to max level, behind only one type of play when you have both PVE and PVP players in the game. It makes no sense to me, and I was hoping there would be more options.

Hopefully, in future DLC, they will provide ways to level and get max level gear for all types of players. (Ways that don't involve having to buy gear instead of earning it yourself.) Based on past experience with this game, I won't hold my breath.

Thanks for the response,
    S.

The next DLC is supposed to be Orsinium and will be most likely be entirely a PvE update. I'm not particularly fond of PvP myself (mainly because I'm bad at it lol), but I try to remember that this is the first real content update PvP focused players have had since launch. Us PvE folks have already gotten Craglorn, Dragonstar Arena, several new dungeons, and the justice system. It was the PvP players turn. Personally, I don't feel Imperial City should have been a paid DLC at all. It is pretty critical to the game (being what we are supposedly all fighting for in the alliance war) and I think it should have been free to everyone, but nobody asked me lol

• likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

Thanks for the response,
    S.

The next DLC is supposed to be Orsinium and will be most likely be entirely a PvE update. I'm not particularly fond of PvP myself (mainly because I'm bad at it lol), but I try to remember that this is the first real content update PvP focused players have had since launch. Us PvE folks have already gotten Craglorn, Dragonstar Arena, several new dungeons, and the justice system. It was the PvP players turn. Personally, I don't feel Imperial City should have been a paid DLC at all. It is pretty critical to the game (being what we are supposedly all fighting for in the alliance war) and I think it should have been free to everyone, but nobody asked me lol

Heh. Yeah. That's true. Gotta keep holding on.

It is nice that PvPers got their update though. I'm not wanting to deny them that at all. It would help if the forums weren't so toxic though. Someone posts one little complaint and the "cry moar!" crowd starts coming out of the woodwork.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree that PVP players were definitely due for new content, and I know that new PVE content is set to be released. I am just hoping that in the future, new PVP and PVE content will come out in the same patch, and that we both will have ways to level and get the same quality gear without having to play in a way we don't like. This "taking turns" thing has got to be bad for the health of the game, or at least it seems that way to me. Us PVE'ers have to wait for something to do right now, and next patch, PVP'ers will have to wait. That seems like a bad way to do things. Lump it all together in one big patch to keep everyone interested in the game, instead of frustrated with the game.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree that PVP players were definitely due for new content, and I know that new PVE content is set to be released. I am just hoping that in the future, new PVP and PVE content will come out in the same patch, and that we both will have ways to level and get the same quality gear without having to play in a way we don't like. This "taking turns" thing has got to be bad for the health of the game, or at least it seems that way to me. Us PVE'ers have to wait for something to do right now, and next patch, PVP'ers will have to wait. That seems like a bad way to do things. Lump it all together in one big patch to keep everyone interested in the game, instead of frustrated with the game.

While in a perfect world it would be great if this happened, I doubt it will for a couple of reasons: 1) The more you add in a content update, the longer it is between updates. If ZOS wants to keep with their new plan of having one DLC every 3-4 months, the new updates probably won't be able to contain something for everyone (especially, if new updates mean new zones). 2) Splitting new content into multiple DLCs means ZOS can ultimately make more money b/c many people will probably buy all of them just because it is the newest thing.

We can hope though, right :)

• iainoflo
    iainoflo
    If you are a PVE player you wouldn't really lose out on much with this DLC. Let me explain why.

1. You can get to V16 without entering Cyrodiil if you so choose. The V16 upgrade is applied to the base game, and is not part of the DLC.
    2. All Group Dungeons can be scaled to V16 so all gear sets from there can drop at that level.
    3. Craglorn has gained a 20% increase in Experience, vet levels require less experience to achieve and Public Dungeons are now rewarding 100% more experience. Plus Veteran level quests also give more experience.

So three ways to get to V16 and gear up without needing the DLC, do Craglorn daily quests, do Dragonstar Arena, or do Public Dungeons, quests in these dungeons if you haven't already or just kill the mobs.

Now please don't complain that you as a PVE player have been given the short end of the stick because that's a load of rubbish, they're making it easier for you PVE players to level faster plus giving you greater challenges in the Group Dungeons.
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, thanks for the information. Second, I never once complained that only PVE PLAYERS were getting the short end of the stick. Please go back and re read what I wrote. My comments covered BOTH PVE and PVP players. I don't want to see ANYONE left out - as I stated in my posts. Please read before you make rude comments.