Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Can't bind ability to middle mouse button

Syrani
Syrani
✭✭✭✭
Hey all,
I have been away from the game for a good while, and hopped back in recently. Before I left, I had sprint bound to my middle mouse button and it worked fine. When I came back, sprint no longer worked when I pushed that button down. Under keybinds, it showed that I had sprint still bound to the middle mouse button. I cleared that binding and tried to rebind, but it won't accept it. It will accept scroll up/scroll down, but not the button press.

Did something change in the last several months so that the game will no longer accept the middle button press as a bind?

Thanks,
S.

Ps. If it makes a difference, the mouse I use is a simple 3 button Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500. It's the same one I was using back when it worked.
  • Foolish_Mortal
    Being a 3 button mouse user (no wheel), I often run into issues binding the middle button in games. Usually I only need to make sure the middle button is explicitly defined in my mouse software.

I'm using the Logitech Setpoint software. In the "My Mouse" tab, the middle button has a "middle button" radio button selection. After picking that, games now recognize my middle button as a usable button.

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a way to do that in the basic Windows mouse control panel. You'll have to get the advanced software from the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center website. I bet you already have it though since you're using a Microsoft wireless mouse.

Hope this helps.
    Options
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I will give that a try.

S.
    Options
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    It worked! Thanks so much for the suggestion! I would have never thought of looking into the mouse settings, as I had never changed them. All I knew was that it used to work but now it didn't. (Have no idea how it got changed.)

This was a big help! Thanks again.

S.
    Options