The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Loading screens takes too long - after latest patch

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
In a group with 4 people, Rahni'za School of Warriors, already doing for 8 minutes.
This is not the only loading screen which has problems, other locations too.
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Restarting the game doesn't resolve this issue. I'm back in the same group, when entering that dungeon again hanging loading screen, already for minutes again. Can't continue these quests.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    This is an issue we're tracking and have some fixes in the works for next weeks patch.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean it's client side Brian?
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to hear that. We need da fix asap Brian ^^
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, so we need to suffer trough these ridiculous loading screens till next week?
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have tried loading into Vahtacen in Cyrodiil four times now. No Luck.

Edited to Add. @ZOS_BrianWheeler I have now wasted 15 minutes in load screens. This is time where I could have been questing. Do you really want us to wait until next week for a fix?
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on September 3, 2015 2:34PM
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an issue we're tracking and have some fixes in the works for next weeks patch.

Are those fixes related to Latency? I noticed this morning upon login in Rawlkha, my ping was over 300 and then within 15 seconds went back to normal around 100. I then went into the refuge and once loaded my ping was over 450 and then went back down to normal. Latency is shooting up really high on these new loading screens and then lowering after they are finished loading. Nothing has changed about my wired network or ISP. The issue is the same regardless of addons or no addons.

I did notice last night while in IC that the loading screens from the District to the Sewers are shorter, like your walking into the bank or leaving a keep. When going from the Sewer to the district the load times are a lot longer like those of going into cyrodil at first, or the IC from Cyro or zone to zone.

NA Server - Kildair
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My hero! I was going to try out the new dungeons last night with some buds and see how the continuing story plays out for IC, but I couldn't even get into the Imperial City Sewers. :-( Over half an hour spent on various load screens, crashes, and more load screens. Here's hoping the fixes do the trick!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Shadowbain
    This isn't just happening on 1 screen. I'm having this happen all over the map and it's driving me insane. Delves I've noticed seem to have the biggest issue with this. Had a few where after 3 attempts of closing the game and rebooting it, just ended up shutting the game of. Just got done sitting in one for 6 minutes and closed it out and am now sitting in the loading screen once again while I type this up. Sure hope this problem is fixed asap.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You, sir, can have my Awesome for the day.
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, so we need to suffer trough these ridiculous loading screens till next week?

That's my problem. Why next week? If you have a fix why not now?
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitchblue wrote: »

That requires extra work and effort.

Surely you don't expect them to do that ?
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dahkoht wrote: »
    Mitchblue wrote: »

That requires extra work and effort.

Surely you don't expect them to do that ?

Oh, the ignorance.
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭

Load screen boss nerf incoming!
    Edited by Anlaemar on September 4, 2015 6:03AM
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been able to get SO much done with all these long load screens. Just today I was able to get my car washed, get new brakes installed on my car, take my dog for a walk, give him a bath, help a friend load up some stuff for a move, and dissolved a body in sulfuric acid (wait, what?), all in time for the load screen to finish and send me back to the log in screen. :D

No, but seriously. The load screens are quite tedious. Hope the next patch fixes it, among other problems.

Edited by ProfessorKittyhawk on September 4, 2015 6:08AM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been able to get SO much done with all these long load screens. Just today I was able to get my car washed, get new brakes installed on my car, take my dog for a walk, give him a bath, help a friend load up some stuff for a move, and dissolved a body in sulfuric acid (wait, what?), all in time for the load screen to finish and send me back to the log in screen. :D

No, but seriously. The load screens are quite tedious. Hope the next patch fixes it, among other problems.

i usually manage to get in a bio break and grab another cup of coffee.

by the time i get back, my character is (or is closer to) in-game.

• twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the thing...they were informed about these problems in the PTS and chose to release it anyway...

What's the point of having us test your software for free if you don't value our feedback.

no excuse for that. sorry.

Can we at least get an official State of the Game from the "guy who is in charge' who made the decision to release this mess?
    Edited by twistedmonk on September 4, 2015 6:48AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's a relief - travelling to Rivenspire takes 5 minutes. Other loading screens take nearly as long.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Yesterday we spend as much time in loading screen as to clear the daily...
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Z would have gotten my awesome if they'd actually fixed that before rolling out the DLC.
    First week wasted 50% playing 50% loading.

Now, where's the "Screwed up again" button...

• UndeadBlood
    UndeadBlood
    ✭✭✭
    Running the game off of a SSD, and the loading screens are just as ridiculously long as my friend who is running the game off of a HDD. Then there are those infinite loading screens, love those too!

About 30% of my time played is watching loading screens, it's so much fun!
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭

When will this be resolved?

My SSD drive gets bored waiting for the net code.
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a big issue and they are not answering our concerns. Whatever fixes they implemented in the last patch did not work. The NA server is getting patched again today but there has been no mention if they are going to fix it not. I don't want to spend half the time I have to play on loading screens - please fix it asap.
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    No kidding. What happened to "we have some fixes in the works.." The longest for me lately has been Rivenspire. 8-10 minutes..

It's obvious they don't have a solution.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • utbackpacker911b14_ESO
    It doesn't bother me,give me time to smoke a cigarette,go use the bathroom or fix something to eat.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From yesterday (13. September):
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings folks,

Our engineers are still working on decreasing these loading screen times! If you're experiencing load screens of under 2-3 minutes, this is known and being investigated. If you are experiencing the longer load screens of 10-20 minutes like at the patch, please let us know.

Thanks for your patience!
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really hope whatever fix comes through with this patch, also fixes the random loading screen popping up during game play. Got bombarded with them yesterday in Glenumbra & Cold Harbor.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting 15 min already.
    I can restart the game but I'll be forced to wait on Cyrodiil query.

ZOS take a profiler and solve the problem already. Explain?
    Just do it!
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r1huz.jpg
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya right, there has been no fixes implemented in any patch since your comment.