Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix crafting

Forestd16b14_ESO
Forestd16b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So as most of us know crafting has gotten nerfed......... hard this patch to were you only get 1 material be ingot, wood, hide, or cloth from deconing VR15 and 16 gear and crafted VR16 gear still cost into the 100's. Either though many many players have said and proven crafted gear is no were as OP as ZOS thinks ZOS still nerfs it so lets get a community poll on this.

Should VR15 and 16 crafting be more reasonable to were you get 2 or 6 materials from a decon and VR16 should cost at most 25 materials. Cause what's gonna happen when Orsinium comes out and the rank gets increased to vr 17 and 18 ? VR 18 gear costing 500 materials for one piece of gear?
Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on August 31, 2015 10:00PM

Fix crafting 33 votes

Yes to fixing craft to a more reasonable cost.
90%
Forestd16b14_ESOwinterbornb14_ESOVegarothsand_manInactive AccountMichaelbullard22ub17_ESOahstin2001nub18_ESOTroneonHeruthemaTannus15daemoniosIluvrienZibaRobbmrpNathrandirLadyDestinyTallowbyJohngo0036Levo18BigDuffy 30 votes
No to fixing craft to a more reasonable cost.
9%
KalikiRa1nePBpsy 3 votes
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No to fixing craft to a more reasonable cost.
    Who in their right mind would even contemplate this new overinflated crap?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on August 31, 2015 10:09PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought blacksmith, clothing and woodworking writs were bad, with having to craft nine items at once per writ.....Imagine that on top of crafting this gear. I think they come up with this stuff just to laugh and see us squirm, not to mention they must really dislike their player base.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on September 2, 2015 11:04AM
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, VR17 gear will require 5X the amount of VR16, and VR18 will require 10X the amount of VR16. At this rate, the old meme "It's over 9000!" will be applicable.

But does it matter, really? Crafted gear was not the preferred endgame anyway, and now it is even worse. Why bother crafting except to improve the found gear?

*Disgruntled Crafters Union becomes a powerful PVD (player vs dev) guild in the future.

So sayeth the Elder Scroll!

Great, now I need glasses... but I can't afford glasses, because they're made of GLASS. @#$%!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with only receiving 1 item per Decon if it only took say 25-30 max to make one item. Since these mats are so rare drops people want unrealistic amounts for them that will push a white item easily over 100K just for the materials to be able to make it. I've been in IC for two nights now for a total of about 7 hours and I have maybe 11 max of one of the materials....

The drops you get from IC mobs are so random/rare that half the time you only get gold. Or you get 1 item per boss/mob killed and in which case, it's light, med or heavy so instead of getting 3 mats for one type, your at 1/1/1 for each type.

These new number requirements are really a joke.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »
    Actually, VR17 gear will require 5X the amount of VR16, and VR18 will require 10X the amount of VR16. At this rate, the old meme "It's over 9000!" will be applicable.

But does it matter, really? Crafted gear was not the preferred endgame anyway, and now it is even worse. Why bother crafting except to improve the found gear?

*Disgruntled Crafters Union becomes a powerful PVD (player vs dev) guild in the future.

Great, now I need glasses... but I can't afford glasses, because they're made of GLASS. @#$%!

Oh really? I'm pretty sure the preferred endgame medium (RIP stamina builds) gear consisted of 5pc Hundings (HEY LOOK A CRAFTED SET) + either 5 Morag or 5 Ravagers. Torug's is also a favorite for the 2pc spell damage bonus, as is Hist Bark.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Morimizo wrote: »

Oh really? I'm pretty sure the preferred endgame medium (RIP stamina builds) gear consisted of 5pc Hundings (HEY LOOK A CRAFTED SET) + either 5 Morag or 5 Ravagers. Torug's is also a favorite for the 2pc spell damage bonus, as is Hist Bark.

Oh great, NOW you've done it... you had to mention that EVERYBODY uses it, and they probably really like it, and use it to sufficient effect...*cringes*

Quick, put up your shields, here comes the Nerf Hammer!!

Wait, we can't hold our shields up that long, and no amount of skill and good timing will save us!!