Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stomping Sinmur

Cherryblossom
Cherryblossom
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok I understand ZOS has a very poor design and quality team, but after well over a year I do expect the dam quests to work.

Truly understand how everyone I've know playing the game has left due to what they feel is the poor quality of more or less every thing.

Everyone I know says it's Pretty and a good idea BUT.......

ZOS if you have any pride in your game how about fixing the bugs.........
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the actual problem with the quest? Tell us what the issue is and maybe it's something we can work out :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the simple fact that we continually run into situations where quests fail, either NPC not spawning, story not progressing is something that is ingrained in this game. Sadly you won't be able to help. It's one of those annoying quests where you just leave it for a few days and go back to it and hope it works.

This is the status of the game, if it doesn't work, doesn't load, CRTL +F4 try again, as there is not a chance ZOS will do anything.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admittedly, abandon/log out/try again does work quite often, and there isn't much ZOS can do about spasmodic issues like that. But you are right that there is not a chance ZOS will do anything, particularly if you don't say what the problem is! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here are some possible problems with that quest:
    1. Sinmur does not spawn [bug]
    2. Sinmur's health does not go down [not bug * ]
    3. Assisting NPC <x> does not spawn [bug]
    4. Sinmur's health goes back up part way through [half-bug * ]
    5. Thallik does not spawn/despawn properly [bug]
    6. It's hard :'( [not bug]
    7. Braziers don't work [bug * ]
    * If you do not have the Shards of Wuuthrad, the fight takes a very long time, but is possible [2]. If it goes on for too long, or you die during the fight, or you leave the immediate area, Sinmur's health may go back up [4] without you being able to activate the Shards again [7].
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was post out of pure frustration, I don't feel the need now to post what the issues are, most are so well documented it's pointless.

I find it sad that you agree ZOS is unable to fix these sparodic issues.

I love many things about the game, however so many of these issues keep appearing that I understand why so many people I once knew stopped playing.