The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Guide: Tel Var Stones"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Imperial City Guide: Tel Var Stones. Remember, you can try this new system out on the PTS now. We look forward to reading your feedback!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 1, 2015 6:26PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Thejtprb18_ESO
    All I can say is thank you.

Sounds like great fun.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    horrorshow milkdrinker
    - my little NB
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally love the system. I can't wait for this to go live!

I would like to see the multiplier maybe a bit easier to increase though, as testing it in the PTS has shown to be near impossible for me or anyone I have grouped with to get to the 500 mark without being killed by another player so considering how much you have to lose compared to how much you have to gain to have say 1000 or more stones, it just isn't worth it to carry that many around.

My main methods of farming stones is grinding mobs with a friend or small group, and killing other player characters whenever we come across them, or when they try to gank us. My favourite method of killing other players, is when they are fighting other members of my alliance, and I jump in to "save the day" so to speak.

I do enjoy the current 100% loss, and I am hoping that if this is ever changed that the change is only minute so that it is still a big risk to die, thus making for more strategic planning, and more excitement when trying to make it back to your home base.
  • fwr.phoenixub17_ESO
    "If you manage to kill one of these slippery little aedra before they escape"

There is a typo, scamps are daedra, not aedra.
  • unicorn1844
    * heavy sigh* :,(, another area that is extremely hard to solo. I hate groups because I either cant keep up with them or someone is always going AFK. One party member is always finding and getting the chests and wont share. Or someone is a foul mouthed troll.

Let's not mention that I had already made my end game legendary gear for my vr 14 DK and now I have to get skill points for another level of crafting! A total of 5 more skill points and just where am I supposed to get those when I have all the sky shards and all the quests done?

At least make some of the areas or one area soloable. How about some new content for the solo player?
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why weapons are shown in the screenshot but weapons are not mentioned in the post?

So what, we have to wait to be able to obtain the weapons in the screenshot?

Please tell me it's an oversight in the post and we can obtain new weapons such as the swords, shields and so on you've constantly been showing us in screenshots since Quakecon 2014.

:(
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u can bank less than 50 tel var stones if u have 50 or more already in the bank, just remove 50 then deposit those with the ones u were already carrying ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Gamertaglemieux
    Gamertaglemieux
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    u can bank less than 50 tel var stones if u have 50 or more already in the bank, just remove 50 then deposit those with the ones u were already carrying ;)

Bet you 10 Tel Var Stones, Zeni fixes that.
    Queen Ayrenn build that wall around Summerset.

Make Shimmerene great again!
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you will occasionally see Cunning Scamps running around in the Imperial Sewers, trying to reach a portal. If you manage to kill one of these slippery little aedra before they escape, they carry a generous amount of Tel Var Stones, too.

Do they also drop portals to Whimsydale and Greed's Domain when killed? *Grins* I could really use some more gold to max out my bank space!

I am so excited for the Imperial City, and I haven't even been to Cyrodiil yet--and I've been playing since early release. May have to hit up the PTS.

PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    So the scamps are like the treasure goblins from Diablo 3? That sounds neat.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • AzothOTGB
    AzothOTGB
    ✭✭
    So the scamps are like the treasure goblins from Diablo 3? That sounds neat.

I think that sounds cool also. Haven't seen any on the PTS yet, haven't looked close enough probably, Lol.
    Azoth of the Great Beyond | V14 | Ebonheart Pact | PC / NA
    Guild Leader of The Dragon's Heart
    Formerly of CM500 & Pride
    Wabba 1.0 Certified
  • BigBadZero
    BigBadZero
    Soul Shriven
    Can't wait for the new DLC, looks great apart from one thing.....The big multiplyer at the bottom of the screen. I think this is the start of over populating th UI, something the dev team was adamant not to do when the game launched last year. I believe there can be a more elegant solution to showing the multiplyer on screen, for example a glowing pouch on the player that emits more light based on the multiplyer. Or, give us the option to turn it off. Other wise great work.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno BTW, the link in your post at the top is a dead link.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Darlgon wrote: »

Whoops! Try now. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Whoops! Try now. :)

Thanks. It works again..
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.