The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Coldharbour Fire Ballista on PS4

MrTarkanian48
MrTarkanian48
✭✭✭✭
Is there any patch/update coming to fix the issue with these on PS4? I checked the patch notes but did not see anything on it. I am sure there are other threads on this but it is kind of a big deal in my opinion.

I'd say close to 50% of my deaths come from these. As far as I can tell there are zero visual cues to make you aware that someone is firing one of these (can't see the projectile and no red rings on the ground). I will be in a fight and all of a sudden I am dead without even knowing I'm hit. The only way I survive is if I happen to look down at my health bar at the right time, because after I am hit I usually have a sliver of health and can heal/cloak to pull out of it. If I don't catch it within a second or two though I burn up for like 30k damage. It's not like I never check my health bar, but I usually am not staring at it when the situation seems like I am not receiving any damage.

I'm a stam nightblade (non-vamp) and its hard enough to keep my health up. I am not complaining about siege in general, and actually think its kind of fun having to bail out of the red when siege is incoming. But when I get virtually one-shotted by an invisible ballista bolt it gets a little old. I know people might recommend being more tanky, but it really not that much of a problem except for these situations which obviously seem bugged.

It's especially brutal when you are attempting to defend a keep. When you are alone or with a small group on a keep wall trying to hold back a large group of enemies and you are already the underdog. I'll dodge or move out of the red for awhile, and then boom, I'm still dead. Though I liked the challenge of defending keeps, I am basically uninterested in it at this point. You stand on that wall long enough you are inevitably going to get hit by one of these invisible death missiles...

I don't care about how much damage they do; make it 70k for all I care. But can I at least see it coming so I can try to move out of the way? Or can we just remove these and only have the standard non-bugged siege?
Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
Altmer NB (DPS)
Imperial DK (Tank)
Redguard DK (DPS)
Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue is also on Xbox. One of my mates emailed and called Zenimax multiple times and they told him they'd never heard of this before and would have it fixed in the next patch a month ago.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • Zanbanzakura
    Yea those things just flat out need to be removed
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed
  • TheArchitects
    I am a vampire NB with minimal fire res and I can survive cold fire ballistas just fine. You need to remove the dot faster OR/AND get more health. Only cold ballistas and cold stone trebutches are going to one shot you.

Either cloak or purge and then spam rally.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any Cold fire weapon that applie's a DoT is not to bad. However Cold Stone's just flat out one shot you.

I can't believe they have been in the game for this long. It completely ruin's balance for attacking and defending.

-Attacking: People can hide in a corner or on top of a mountain and shoot at an out post or keep wall without making a sound. People just stand around the broken wall wondering why it's flagged until they die.

-Defending is a piece of cake with these thing's. You will get whole heap's of kill's back to back.
    Remove them or fix them for Imperial City. If they don't get fixed, you can be sure i won't be leaving Imperial City ever.
    PS4 NA DC
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    I am a vampire NB with minimal fire res and I can survive cold fire ballistas just fine. You need to remove the dot faster OR/AND get more health. Only cold ballistas and cold stone trebutches are going to one shot you.

You mean you're not a vet more like and have 32k health i have 3k more then the standerd 20k health and i get one shot
  • TheArchitects

You mean you're not a vet more like and have 32k health i have 3k more then the standerd 20k health and i get one shot

Couldnt be more wrong. I am a vet 14 with 13% on elemental defender and thats it with 18k health.

What is your excuse now?
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    Been hit with 24k cold fire before . 33k cold stone . It's a big problem but just as big is being able to stealth siege a keep with a c.s treb and I do it myself . Nobody knows it's under fire till its under siege
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    It is total *** and should not be in the game. When it hits for a minimum of 22K or so, pretty much anyone is going down very fast unless they are at full health. The problem is when you are swarming for siege or on the keep walls, that is the WORST time to get hit by these and you pretty much are SOL at that point and the siege or defense fails.

• TheArchitects
    They are fine and personally I hope they let them be. Lets face it. I am not sypher so I cant just jump in the middle of 20+ zerg group and wipe them out. Nope. Instead I can use cold ballistas/trebutches. Me and my friend have defended keeps and resources with just the two of us many times like this.

They give average joes a way to defend against zergs.

We need MORE love for the glorious cold weaponry!
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are fine and personally I hope they let them be. Lets face it. I am not sypher so I cant just jump in the middle of 20+ zerg group and wipe them out. Nope. Instead I can use cold ballistas/trebutches. Me and my friend have defended keeps and resources with just the two of us many times like this.

Well except for one thing, add a firing and loading animation.
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Holy cr@p,

I just recently faced these monsters in PvP, and it was not a pleasant encounter. One moment it's arranging groups and orders, setting up assault, siege, the next, half the team is dead. Coldharbour ballistas completely wiped us multiple times.

Is it intentional they show no telegraph circle?

Aside they are stupidly powerful, without the red circle it's a horror. And not the good kind. Feels like fighting in a glithy combat, where you get suddenly lagsmacked out of nowhere.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are obviously broken. There is no way it's intented for no animation to be played.

They ruin all aspects of keep defence amd offence. Who ever has cold fire/stone win's. I've literally witnessed packs of 5+ die in front of me with no possible way to react.

At least with Cold Fire you can Purge. Cold Stone will One shot any one with 25k health.

If these are not fixed i will not step outside of imperial city.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 31, 2015 6:41PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • wizardpsx
    wizardpsx
    confirmed by ZOS: will be fixed on consoles with release of IC.

It still hits hard, just that it will show projectile and red circle.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/211926/why-have-the-coldharbor-siege-weapons-not-been-fix-yet-honest-question#latest

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wizardpsx wrote: »
    confirmed by ZOS: will be fixed on consoles with release of IC.

It still hits hard, just that it will show projectile and red circle.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/211926/why-have-the-coldharbor-siege-weapons-not-been-fix-yet-honest-question#latest

Really their fixing it well that sucks I love Coldfire not being seen.I guess I have to use something else against the mindless Zergs.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are a man who know how it feels to face a Zerg of 50+ and its just 5 of you and your cold Harbour. I respect you sir and tip my hat to you.Cold harbors are perfectly fine as is.and its not hard to dodge them and most people who hate them are usually a member of a Zerg.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jaronking there is no dodging a cold stone...
    PS4 NA DC
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their is I dodge several its mainly luck and on my stam NB I can dodge for Days also.When they have cold Fire on a Resource tower you can stand out of its range while still capping the resources.Their ways around it.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jaronking It's the Treb's that one shot. Nothing you can do. Ballista's you can just cloak if your fast enough.
    PS4 NA DC
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thread earlier a mod responded - the lack of projectile and aoe markers wasn't intended and will be fixed in the upcoming imperial city patch. The damage they output IS intended though.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    revonine wrote: »
    Another thread earlier a mod responded - the lack of projectile and aoe markers wasn't intended and will be fixed in the upcoming imperial city patch. The damage they output IS intended though.

at least with the markers i can pop mist form so i dont die

PS4 NA DC
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jaronking It's the Treb's that one shot. Nothing you can do. Ballista's you can just cloak if your fast enough.
    I survived the trebs as well.Well when I was a Vamp they destroyed me but since the change to Wolf it takes to to drop me as a vet12 wearing Vet5 armor.Sorry this is just me and my Guild mates so I apologize of you are having a different experience and hope they fox it for you. :)
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Their is I dodge several its mainly luck and on my stam NB I can dodge for Days also.When they have cold Fire on a Resource tower you can stand out of its range while still capping the resources.Their ways around it.

You won't be dodging for days come IC.....
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Lol that's so true I will just be able to dodge for hours now. :)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Lol that's so true I will just be able to dodge for hours now. :)

Mist Form > Dodge Dodge Dogde > Mist From > Dodge Dodge Dodge. Nothings changed lol

PS4 NA DC
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just means the stam is taking a much bigger hit due to 33% increase per roll. Not to mention mist form is a huge "I'm a vamp hit me with dawnbraker!"