Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some Eye Candy Effects For Our Staves & Other Weapons

Blade_07
Blade_07
✭✭✭✭
Something like this would be awesome for our weapons.

EDIT: There should be an option to shut this off for other players in case of bad lag like in PvP.

Lighting Stave
Lightning_Effect.jpg

Restoration Stave
Resto_Stave.jpg

Fire Stave
Fire_Stave.jpg

Ice Stave
Ice_Stave.jpg

Edited by Blade_07 on August 31, 2015 3:41PM
“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so... you mean teh enchant thing ?
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And on that day the cries of everyone's FPS in Cyrodiil could be heard
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »
    so... you mean teh enchant thing ?

No, just some effects that can be added to your weapons if you like. Maybe something that you can buy from the crown store or given in some way in the game.
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Simply turn off other players weapon effects. That should be an option for all players.

• ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blade_07 wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »

Simply turn off other players weapon effects. That should be an option for all players.

Or just do like they do with vanity pets and make it deactivate the effects in Cyrodiil.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    My eyes
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    My eyes

lol, yes I like shiny glowy things! ^^

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My eyes

...and you think this is in keeping with the general low-fantasy, more gritty appearance of TES games?
  • Eriquito3
    Eriquito3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support this.

Xoxo
    Hi
  • Twilix01
    Twilix01
    ✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    My eyes

...and you think this is in keeping with the general low-fantasy, more gritty appearance of TES games?

NPCs already get glowing effects on weapons, quite often with generic necromancer and healer NPCs. Why shouldn't players get the option?
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    My eyes

Well, I did say that it should be an option to see it or not. So you can have your gritty feeling and others can have there glowy shiny things. Whats the harm in that?

• Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Twilix01 wrote: »
    My eyes

NPCs already get glowing effects on weapons, quite often with generic necromancer and healer NPCs. Why shouldn't players get the option?

lmao...I'm assuming that shadowmere really pi$$es him off. smiley_talk011.gif

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My eyes

Well, I did say that it should be an option to see it or not. So you can have your gritty feeling and others can have there glowy shiny things. Whats the harm in that?

In general? Nothing at all, as long as I have a way to toggle these specific effects off (not all effects, just these ones).

Specifically, however, I have two concerns:
    1) Design team time.
    2) The suggestion to ZOS that we want them to deviate even further from the atmosphere of the previous games and into a more overblown style.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. I'd rather have the ability to craft our own staves with crowns not found in typical motif styles.

Hey! That's a Crown store option, right? ;)
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    i mentioned this along the lines , like working as a dye station. but instead of the dyes, you can choose different effects for armors or weapons.

i like the idea myself, and a toggle to help performance would be a nice addition.

imagine a nightblade coming towards you and all you see is a smoke cloud behind him.....dangerous.

or a dragonknight that has small fires where he steps.

sorc could have a small electrical storm around them

templars could have a soft glow follow them.

oh and let us dye or armor and weapons while your at it..

• XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    I want my restoration staff too glow!!!
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I want a bloody great signpost pointing to me in the middle of Cyrodiil screaming "HEALER HERE !! KILL ME NOW" ...
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something like this would be awesome for our weapons.

EDIT: There should be an option to shut this off for other players in case of bad lag like in PvP.

Lighting Stave
    Lightning_Effect.jpg

Restoration Stave
    Resto_Stave.jpg

Fire Stave
    Fire_Stave.jpg

Ice Stave
    Ice_Stave.jpg

A free update to this would be awesome, but I might pay a few crowns for extra animations on my weapon instead of a pet.

One or the other just to keep lag down or both if the system would handle it.

What do you think?

• Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does look cool.
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »
    Because I want a bloody great signpost pointing to me in the middle of Cyrodiil screaming "HEALER HERE !! KILL ME NOW" ...

WTH...huh? O.o IF this was something to be implemented it would NOT be viewable by enemies for VERY obvious reasons. And also I think it would be stupid to allow this option to work in a PvP zone at all. But I already said several times already that this should be an option to be viewed by other players. If you dont like the added effects then you can simply just turn it off. Simple!

• Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    That does look cool.

Thank you! ^^

• Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think this is a Bada$$ idea OP! I LOVE IT! :) I love the designs you posted too. I'd buy those with crowns or whatever too. I think it's a fantastic idea. I think it's a little more to the extension of fantasy in a make believe world where magic already exists so why not. yay! :) I hope ZoS looks at this and implements the idea at some point!
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! Shiny!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady