The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's killing PvP more?

• Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Macros
    The ability to issue the same set of commands from a 3rd party program is not an issue? Yes, you can do this manually but not identically each time like a macro would. What's the difference between that and a bot then? I'm just curious to get clarification and understand if it's really an issue.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lag
    I still don't get how people think Macros kills pvp more than the horrible BS lag? What game are you playing? oO
    EU | PC
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    I still don't get how people think Macros kills pvp more than the horrible BS lag? What game are you playing? oO

Maybe not EU players
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    Lag and not finishing my coffee before leaving home keep.oh yeah and plus I suck anyways: )
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swiift wrote: »
    The ability to issue the same set of commands from a 3rd party program is not an issue? Yes, you can do this manually but not identically each time like a macro would. What's the difference between that and a bot then? I'm just curious to get clarification and understand if it's really an issue.

Bots have if/then functionality they are programmed to react to the environment not just execute simple keystrokes, key-holds and pauses at a users command, according to a script.

"Bots" from their origin, like "Aim-Bots" in shooters calculate vectors to specific hit-boxes so the player doesn't have to participate in the more hand-eye demanding parts of the game. Most shoots have good built in protection for these, but seeing them way back in the q2 days was very funny, and the people who used them were quickly banned from servers for life. Bots in MMOs tend to be ran by farmers and are scripted to follow paths, conduct and respond to specific actions along those paths and if necessary respawn and return to the path. There is no point in having an "Aim-Bot" in an mmo as there is no real aim, just cones and single hit-boxes.

In essence, macros simplify some boring, repetitive task; bots automate a long range of tasks allowing the game to play without a "player".
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macros
    I lump macros in with all cheats and exploits, allowed or not. Since I encountered this 10x more often than lag, I have to vote this way.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CPs

lag effects everyone equally, and you can easily avoid it by switching the server you are in.
    macros are not an issue - cheaters though are (but they don´t rely on macros for that)

cps on the otherhand can be redicoulous
    faced a guy the other day having over 1k cps while i´m at measly 315, he had a dmg advantage with the same equip of over 22% towards me thx to incresed dmg reduction when recieving dmg increased dmg values and over 10k of hihger overallstats ...

that is sth that is truely destroying pvp
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is Macros even an option? Are you people for real?
    dnLvR4wh.jpg

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    Lag, Champion System and constant, constant zerging everywhere you go. Almost impossible to have any lag-free PvP anymore without getting overrun by 24+ people.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    Lag, balance and shiddy grinds kill pvp and would in any game. Sad because this game had so much potential and fun siege mechanics.
    Edited by technohic on August 30, 2015 9:09PM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lag
    I lump macros in with all cheats and exploits, allowed or not. Since I encountered this 10x more often than lag, I have to vote this way.

Since you encounter macro user that often, how do you identify them?
    They're good in pressing three buttons in a second and that means they're using a macro?
    You got ganked and the cause of death are multiple hits at once? Clearly macro usage!

I'm curious, please tell me.
    Edited by Soulac on August 30, 2015 9:31PM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol

rip decibel
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    Lag
    The only thing Macros do is eliminate human error, that way it will cancel the animation every single time. A good player can do this without a macro most others stuff it up every now and then.

Don't really care if a player uses a macro just the automated one button press macros should be frowned upon.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    Will macros still be a problem when damage gets reduced on Monday?

No but your excuses will be.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    Lag is actually what creates the feeling of being hit by so many abilities at once.
  • AlmightyGoldfish
    Lag
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

LOL!
    FYI with gaming you meet a lot of different people
    Today you have met the best saltiest person there can be.
    You just met the WhaleSperm
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    L A G
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Lmfao
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    EIGHTS wrote: »
    WRX wrote: »
    Just for every person reading this thread, do not believe this macro garbage, please.

Every single skill has a global cooldown.

If you want to try this out really quick, put impulse on your one key and spam it as fast as you can. It wont go any faster, promise. try and chain 2 skills, still a global cooldown.

You forget there is one thing called "Animation cancel".
    That's why macro users can do 4-5 times with one shot.

There were many video show those on youtube.
    You can search them and watch.

But not all skills can use in a macro.
    Because not every skills can do animation cancel.

There is still a global CD even if you animation cancel it. People probably never see the light or medium attack weaved after one. What animation cancelling does do is make the damage instant rather than waiting on the .2 seconds on waiting for the animation to finish. People have this issue with wrecking blow with an instant weave similar to how you medium weave with a staff into soul harvest or execute. In one second you can only do 3 attacks max. .5 second for each skill and a LA which it gnores global CD of skills.

Suru
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    Macros are super handy for people who don't want to press weapon swap, apply shield and swap back to their main bar. Not everybody playing this game is able to press several buttons in quick succession, so they use macros for this.

However, they don't kill people.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on September 1, 2015 2:14AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    Only 2 choices? :( And one of them is a non-issue lol
    PC | EU
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag
    After update 7 launched.
    I think Imperial City will kill PvP more. XD
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.