Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New motifs

Lord Xanhorn
Lord Xanhorn
✭✭✭✭
So it seems that these new crafting motifs are going to be a real grind to get. My question is, what's the point? The new crafting sets are underwhelming at best so I doubt anyone is going to be rolling in much crafted gear anyways. Seems like a lot of work with little payoff.

Now if you could change other pcs of armor to show the new motif styles, then you'd have something there!
I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping you busy for the next 3-4 months until orsinium is out.
    Also people datamined that the next 3 motifs ( akavari ( used for some pvp sets, looks like far eastern design ), mercenary ( promised undauted motif ) and yokudan ( style used for trial gear ) ) will be done as the same as glass.

You get chapter parts from crafting writs and need 10 even to craft a single chapter, out of 15.

Nowadays devs think grind > content
    Edited by Teridaxus on August 31, 2015 6:53PM
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose I am not antigrind. I just would like them to be useful.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it seems that these new crafting motifs are going to be a real grind to get. My question is, what's the point? The new crafting sets are underwhelming at best so I doubt anyone is going to be rolling in much crafted gear anyways. Seems like a lot of work with little payoff.

Now if you could change other pcs of armor to show the new motif styles, then you'd have something there!

People are tired of the existing looks, that's why costumes are going over so well in the Crown store. These Motifs give people new looks for their armor/weapons. You can either collect the fragments and put them together yourself, buy the Motifs on the crown store when available or buy the entire books when someone has it for sale.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

People are tired of the existing looks, that's why costumes are going over so well in the Crown store. These Motifs give people new looks for their armor/weapons. You can either collect the fragments and put them together yourself, buy the Motifs on the crown store when available or buy the entire books when someone has it for sale.

I don't think that it's necessarily because people are tired of existing looks, but more to do with how sets are designed in this game. To get the best performance, you are likely going to have one dropped set, due to needing the rings/necklace to get two 5-piece set bonuses. Then either you're going to use another dropped or crafted five-piece set, and then maybe a monster set for your last two pieces. So you've likely got a mix of armor on at this point, that doesn't look good together.

Enter costumes, which, for a price, allow you to look more unified.

So instead of allowing us a way to change armor style, they can sell costumes instead.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who needs motifs when you can have costumes
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the point of this thread....no point of motifs really.
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy getting new armor looks and stuff and I play alts a lot, so its nice to have the variety. So much grind for this one though, might end up being my first crown store motif when it comes unless I get lucky before that.
  • Vin_ceu
    Vin_ceu
    Soul Shriven
    It would be really nice to see the item's crafting style displayed on the description.
    I use HarvensTraitAndStyle addon, but this should definitely be an in-game feature !
    If you find a good looking armor piece or weapon then you can craft the same easily.