The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Old PC died. New PC advice needed pretty please, cherry on top yadda yadda

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Ay up all. :)
My PC has finally died. It was pretty *** anyway and the game had to be played on minial lowest barrel scraping settings which made it look like Elder Scrolls: Minecraft. Anyway, once I have some dosh (a couple of weeks) I'm going to get myself a new PC. I'm not very tech-savvy so I'm getting a pre-built rig from Chillblast and I'd like to know if it will be powerful enough to play the game on decent settings at a good framerate. Here are the specs of the (potential) new PC....

NZXT H440 Case in Black or White
Intel Core i5 6600K Overclocked to up to 4.4GHz
Gelid Tranquillo Ultimate Performance Quiet CPU Cooler
Asus Z170-K Motherboard
Asus GeForce GTX 960 STRIX OC Direct CU II (ultra quiet cooler)
16GB 2133 DDR4 Memory (2 x 8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO series SSD 120GB
1TB Seagate 7200rpm SSHD
Corsair CX600 PSU
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this will do the job. You'll be able to play the game on ultra settings at 30 to 70 fps.

the difference will be huge :D
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Ay up all. :)
    My PC has finally died. It was pretty *** anyway and the game had to be played on minial lowest barrel scraping settings which made it look like Elder Scrolls: Minecraft. Anyway, once I have some dosh (a couple of weeks) I'm going to get myself a new PC. I'm not very tech-savvy so I'm getting a pre-built rig from Chillblast and I'd like to know if it will be powerful enough to play the game on decent settings at a good framerate. Here are the specs of the (potential) new PC....

NZXT H440 Case in Black or White
    Intel Core i5 6600K Overclocked to up to 4.4GHz
    Gelid Tranquillo Ultimate Performance Quiet CPU Cooler
    Asus Z170-K Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 960 STRIX OC Direct CU II (ultra quiet cooler)
    16GB 2133 DDR4 Memory (2 x 8GB)
    Samsung 850 EVO series SSD 120GB
    1TB Seagate 7200rpm SSHD
    Corsair CX600 PSU
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I doubt the overclock will make a difference. Had my 980X at 4.4GHz for years, but recently removed the overclock cos it's getting old, so it's at 3.33GHz now and I notice no difference in eso performance. In fact eso framerate seems to cap-out at 100fps. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

PC | EU