The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Aleswell design, broken.

Forztr
Forztr
✭✭✭✭
Just took part in a 40min seige of Aleswell on NA Haderus campaign where the keep wasn't burst because all the attacking siege was aimed at the corner where they were taking advantage of poor map design that lets people leap/blink into the corner tower. Ended up with more of the attacking force on the walls than seiging despite the outer walls being in good health.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler please fix ASAP. Stuff like this just ******* off regular players.

And yes DK can still leap from the outer wall at the back to the inner, I tested it by standing in a stupid spot hoping to be sniped so I could leave and got 3 DKs leaping to me.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forztr wrote: »
    Just took part in a 40min seige of Aleswell on NA Haderus campaign where the keep wasn't burst because all the attacking siege was aimed at the corner where they were taking advantage of poor map design that lets people leap/blink into the corner tower. Ended up with more of the attacking force on the walls than seiging despite the outer walls being in good health.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler please fix ASAP. Stuff like this just ******* off regular players.

And yes DK can still leap from the outer wall at the back to the inner, I tested it by standing in a stupid spot hoping to be sniped so I could leave and got 3 DKs leaping to me.

They've had this issue for a long time and I know this wont get fixed for a long time sad to say
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, lets just make all keeps the same on equal ground because QQ, you cannot adapt to an enemy force using guerrilla tactics.

Lets all be equal and hold hands in monotony!
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Yes, lets just make all keeps the same on equal ground because QQ, you cannot adapt to an enemy force using guerrilla tactics.

Can we have some AD and EP home keeps with similar issues please, and if they exist can you post details for future reference.

How exactly to you counter it?
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the pillar, problem fixed. Or make it like half as high.

Stuff like this shouldnt be in the game this long.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭

They've had this issue for a long time and I know this wont get fixed for a long time sad to say

I know it's been a long time issue but this week it's turned into a joke. You can see queues of 20+ people trying to make the jump every siege on the keep now. I would post a screen shot but another thread on this subject got deleted so I won't, but if ZOS wants to see them they only have to ask.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

Can we have some AD and EP home keeps with similar issues please, and if they exist can you post details for future reference.

How exactly to you counter it?

AD and EP keeps should have a similiar "flaw" too! Make this boring keep siege that has been the same damn formulaic procedure actually have some dynamic.

Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just report those who take advantage of it. The aim being to hopefully force ZOS to acknowledge the problem and fix it instead of banning large swathes of the PvP population.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Tarnumx
    Tarnumx
    ✭✭✭

Leaps are nit allowed or what?
    Banana Squad Inc

CYKA BLYAT GAMING

youtube.com/channel/UCK7WFB_iXIlWH5ekxnqhi9g
  • Tarnumx
    Tarnumx
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

lol why should it be fixed and why the *** u desided it's a problem now?
    Banana Squad Inc

CYKA BLYAT GAMING

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarnumx wrote: »

that particular spot has always been a problem
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Tarnumx
    Tarnumx
    ✭✭✭

what problem?
    Banana Squad Inc

CYKA BLYAT GAMING

• AzureButterfly
    AzureButterfly
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem with the 40 min Ales siege last night wasn't just the zerg jumping into the keep, but also the way that the keep mechanics work. The EP group purposely left Ales un-burst so DC would respawn there, then EP turtled themselves in the tower and farmed for AP.

It was funny for the first ten minutes, but eventually it just became annoying. It's one thing when a group hides in a resource tower and AP farms, because you can siege the tower down and flush them out. This was just a tedious stalemate because the EP could res at Bleakers and continuously jump back into the keep.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what problem?

any place having terrain where you can just jump into something, such as the farm at brindle, chalman mine tower, that corner of aleswell, and other spots

this isnt even about dragon leap or chaining, this is simply getting on a horse, casting rapids, and timing an accurate jump to completely bypass the siege warning mechanic and keep wall defense mechanic

There are a number of players that use various bypasses around the map that can steal scrolls from uncontested keeps and temples without ever using a single piece of siege, and get out so long as they can handle a couple of guards, with no warning until the deed is already done/too late to react to.

additionally, it is possible for the same players to take a keep from the inside with limited warning, after all the guards are dead and the front door is rammed/ballistaed from the inside to 50, the keep flags begin turning with no prior warning. this requires more than a simple jump, however. most require chains ambush leap or another ability in conjunction with poorly placed terrain to accomplish

This can be done on nearly any back triangle keep, and all at least 3 of the inner ring keeps.

I used to be an advocate of emergent gameplay in this manner when it was relatively rare and was more the subject of novelty because 99 percent of the time these guys would fail or whatnot. In the last several weeks it was spread like wildfire and become almost commonplace. The joke about killing the DK that chained into Chalman inner is no longer a joke when a whole raid of them does it, or starts stealing every scroll on the map every day just because reasons.

Edited by Rylana on August 31, 2015 5:29PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Eglath
    Eglath
    ✭✭✭
    Aleswell has one of the worst, if not the worst design amongs all keeps, including 2 great sieging spots and a place to jump inside. Sure it adds element of surprise to the fight, but I'd rather have a intened mechanic to let few ppl get inside outer than poor terrain design.
    Vinyamar - AD vr14 sorc RANK: 30
    RAGE Core
    Abandoned Legion Officer