The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Vampire - Drain Essence Scale?

Lokryn
Lokryn
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if Drain Essence (and its morphs) scale off Spell or Weapon Damage? Or does it pick the highest one? With the IC update, you have to put a vampire skill on your bar for the passive so I'm trying to figure out which is best for my Stam NB.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't you use mist form for escaping? (That's what i'd use, I have no idea the answer to your question)
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure but i think it's spell damage, but it's getting buffed in the patch where you can spam it and it heals you for 10% of your health every second so I think it's worth having on your bar as a stamina user just for the heal. I am sure it only stuns the first time but 10% health per second is nice.
  • StrykerTheElite
    after the patch, heal is going to based off of your max health 10% of it. I don't if the damage is going to change on it. but doesn't matter if your stam or magic because its based on your health for the healing.
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you use mist form for escaping? (That's what i'd use, I have no idea the answer to your question)

This is more for PVE. I thought it would be nice to help out the healers rather than use an escape. I would much rather stay in melee range and heal myself with Drain Essence and immediately switch back to dps. Just trying to figure out if the damage is going to be gimped since I'm Stam NB.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after the patch, heal is going to based off of your max health 10% of it.

According to the in-game tool tip, it is 10% of your MISSING Health... not Max Health.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont get why many skill's dont scale off whatever source is higher. I would love to use Sap Essence even as a Magicka Dump but the damage is just terrible.

Same thing goes for Drain Essence. It should Scale off what ever is highest to make it viable for stamina user's as well.
    PS4 NA DC
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree... think everything should scale off of what is highest... this would allow players to use whatever weapon/spell they want without suffering the forced "choose between Stamina or Magicka but never expect to be a hybrid" option.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****