Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK DPS Setups for Update 7

xMovingTarget
xMovingTarget
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://youtu.be/Ygr8rjHWk1Y

I compiled everything to a sheet aswell, if you more of a "reading" person. ;)

Compilation : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K507urSDrAIVqYyMqU82XR34gTA9nAnOtj36NdnqZ0w/edit?usp=sharing

Have Fun ;)
Edited by xMovingTarget on August 30, 2015 6:25PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question why do you use both sea of flames and Inner light? they don't stack right?

Also please explain ice comet on a fire dk?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question why do you use both sea of flames and Inner light? they don't stack right?

i would assume sea of flames for the extra dot that he doesnt need to worry about. Ice comet hits harder then shooting star in 1.7
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »

i would assume sea of flames for the extra dot that he doesnt need to worry about. Ice comet hits harder then shooting star in 1.7

Hmm sea of flames Dot is terrible dmg and as inner light + sea of flames don't stack it's not worth the 2 slots.

As a fire dk he loses the dark elf bonus, and the entire ardent flame tree if he morphs meteor to ice comet though.
    PS4 EU DC

• aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »

Hmm sea of flames Dot is terrible dmg and as inner light + sea of flames don't stack it's not worth the 2 slots.

As a fire dk he loses the dark elf bonus, and the entire ardent flame tree if he morphs meteor to ice comet though.

could be there for more dot damage that can crit since his scathing mage set up relies on critting.

Idk it could be less damage. It all depends on how much ice comet is buffed by.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I tested Inner Ligh and Sea of Flames in the PTS they did stack
  • Corrupted_Soul
    Corrupted_Soul
    ✭✭✭

Wait... really?
    Corrupted_Soul - V16 DK - PS4 NA
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, this is not to say it will go live like this. We will have to wait and see.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sea of flame is bugged in 1.6 , once toggled it shows 20% more crit but really it only increases it by 10%, it may be this is still the case in 1.7 so in reality you only have 10% increase.
    PS4 EU DC

• tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Thanks for very informative vid .
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your Feedback guys. Ice Comet hits harder, thats why I got it. Its not the main ultimate. It´s used very very rarely. Its basically there for extra magicka. Standard of Might is the main.
    Comet is for situations when you wanna put some very quick damage on a target. For example a boss is close to die. Standard would be a waste of dps in that situation.

I got Sea of Flames and Inner Light together to get that 10% crit, 5(7)% more magicka and a passive Dot I dont actively have to refresh.
    @aco5712 made a good point there. ;)

These setups are a good start, to have a basic idea about possibilities for the DK. Everything is subject to change ofc.

Edited by xMovingTarget on August 31, 2015 9:59AM
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got Sea of Flames and Inner Light together to get that 10% crit, 5(7)% more magicka and a passive Dot I dont actively have to refresh.
    I use sea of flames only. Yes, I loose 7% magika bonus but I have one extra slot and as DK has lot's of DoT skills so i can put one more DoT and have overall DPS higher then using inner light
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    I use sea of flames only. Yes, I loose 7% magika bonus but I have one extra slot and as DK has lot's of DoT skills so i can put one more DoT and have overall DPS higher then using inner light

Considering that before patch proc dps contribution from dots ( valkyn ) was higher than after patch probably that additional dot u are suggesting will be pure dps loss coz inner light is giving u like 200 + spell damage and even more if u do comparison between whip and any other dot besides 2 basic ( engulfing, embers ) than whip wins. I think that u should rather keep your rotation simpler and have higher dps.
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on August 31, 2015 11:16AM
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    All the wrong sets for a dk *sigh*
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    All the wrong sets for a dk *sigh*

Then enlighten us which are the right sets? ;)
    Guild:Hodor EP EU
    NB: Enclaver DK: xDeus Victus
    Sorc:Deus Victus Templar:Enclaver X

• delphwind_ESO
    delphwind_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've been following the Firespitter build for a while now. I've run into a couple people that can out DPS me, but to be honest it's more about play style than maximizing my numbers.

Personally I've come to prefer the following:

1. Force Pulse
    2. Burning Embers
    3. Engulfing Flames
    4. Molten Armaments
    5. Inner Light

I chose Force Pulse over Flame Lash after going through several dungeons and losing DPS because of forced positioning. Having a ranged direct damage helped my push up my DPS in some fights.

Also if you are single target DPSing and adds spawn you can continue your single target DPS, hit the adds with Engulfing Flames and Force Pulse will hit up to three targets in the area, still not quite a much DPS as your AoE bar on multi targets, but with how hard some of the bosses are in the new DLC you need to maintain that high ST damage. AoE bar is still good on trash when 4-6 mobs pretty much all die at the same time.

I took Molten Armaments over Sea of Flames because Inner Light takes care of the crit chance, adds to my magicka pool and increases my spell power. The minor DoT from Sea of Flames is a nice passive, but the extra damage I get from Armaments and weaving it with Force pulse has been a significant improvement for me.

I also use Standard of Might on both bars, but because I do not see the benefit of Ice Comet on occasion, its more about me being lazy. Also the group benefits of the banner and the synergy seem too good to pass up in most situations.

Also ... sorry more changes than I thought ... I use Draw Essence on my AoE bar, the extra healing and power return seems far greater than the slight added damage from the Fire Rune.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been following the Firespitter build for a while now. I've run into a couple people that can out DPS me, but to be honest it's more about play style than maximizing my numbers.

Personally I've come to prefer the following:

1. Force Pulse
    2. Burning Embers
    3. Engulfing Flames
    4. Molten Armaments
    5. Inner Light

I chose Force Pulse over Flame Lash after going through several dungeons and losing DPS because of forced positioning. Having a ranged direct damage helped my push up my DPS in some fights.

Also if you are single target DPSing and adds spawn you can continue your single target DPS, hit the adds with Engulfing Flames and Force Pulse will hit up to three targets in the area, still not quite a much DPS as your AoE bar on multi targets, but with how hard some of the bosses are in the new DLC you need to maintain that high ST damage. AoE bar is still good on trash when 4-6 mobs pretty much all die at the same time.

I took Molten Armaments over Sea of Flames because Inner Light takes care of the crit chance, adds to my magicka pool and increases my spell power. The minor DoT from Sea of Flames is a nice passive, but the extra damage I get from Armaments and weaving it with Force pulse has been a significant improvement for me.

I also use Standard of Might on both bars, but because I do not see the benefit of Ice Comet on occasion, its more about me being lazy. Also the group benefits of the banner and the synergy seem too good to pass up in most situations.

Also ... sorry more changes than I thought ... I use Draw Essence on my AoE bar, the extra healing and power return seems far greater than the slight added damage from the Fire Rune.

Firespitter is still fun. And it works aswell. But not as the top notch DPS anymore. But I really enjoyed that build for a while.