Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat questions

sinankaliman
Hi guys, i have some questions. I have a dragonknight character, i'm wearing heavy armour with 2h-weapon. If i switch to my 2nd weapon slot i have a bow, does ig matter if i wear heavy armour with a bow? I mean is there a difference if i wear heavy armour with bow or like medium armour with a staff? and can u maybe explan all of it. Thanks :)
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor passives help with survival. Medium is best for stamina weapons (bow) and light is best for staves and casting lots of spells. As a stamina dk you'll want plenty of medium armor. I'd go 5 medium, 1 heavy, and 1 light.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Pvp perspective)
    If you're using a 2 hander, I suppose you're running a stamina build. Which makes a staff inefficient.
    Dragonknights have good synergies with bows.

You can use reflective scale while on your bow to negate most ranged attacks and protect you from the most dangerous ones. It also allows you to use snipe without getting interrupted (against ranged enemies at least)
    I can only speak for myself as a ranged caster. I'm not using crushing shock, so I can't interrupt anyway. But I think, Dragonknights become easier to fight as soon as they switch to their bow bar because they don't permablock/blockast then.

I see stamina Dragonknight using bow to deplead the shields of shield stacking enemies and then they jump in with dragonjump and do their things. Bow is a utility at best, not for killing people in a direct fight in my opinion. I think sword and shield is a better option for your 2nd bar.
    Edited by Dracane on August 30, 2015 10:37PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    As advice but if you need to know why this is the case look at the passives under each armour type in your skills list, they explain the benefit a of each.
  • sinankaliman
    Thanks guys i think i understand a little bit now. But like if i use 2h and bow can i like wear 2 types of heavy armour and like 2 medium to mix it? Damn this game is difficult haha realy i need to learn so much :z
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can but the more medium armour you have on the more damage you will do, the more stamina you will have and the less each stamina based skill will cost to use meaning you well be able to use your more powerful skills a lot. The more heavy armour you have on the more health, resistance and general survivable you will be. Since by your weapon cove I would say you are planning to go dps role, in which case I would advise you wear 5 medium armour (you get 12% additional damage from wearing 5 medium) and 2 heavy to toughen you up a but.
  • sinankaliman
    Ohh okay and what exactly is dps?
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damage per second, basically 2 hander and and bow are weapons best suited to bring a damage dealer as opposed to being a tank who would use more heavy armour and traditionally use a sword and shield.
  • sinankaliman
    Okay thanks