The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game is Unplayable

rozwellite
rozwellite
✭✭
I am a paying eso plus member but this keeps on getting worse and worse. Since last night I have not been able to play for more then 5mins at a time. I keep getting kicked from the game with the message "Unable to connect to the game server". My internet is perfectly fine and my daughter is in the other room playing minecraft with no issues at all. The problem is clearly with the eso servers. I play on the NA server. Since the start of the game I get kicked severally times a night but now I cant even be logged on more then 5mins. For example, I was kicked then I got back in but immediately kicked again. Something needs to be done about the servers otherwise I am paying for something I am not being provided the service.
  • SilasMurder
    Try changing the configuration on your router. It might have to high of security. You want an open Nat on your XBOX one. Search for it on YouTube there are a lot of videos to show you how. Good Luck!
  • MerlinGambino
    I have never had this problem and I've been playing on Xbox one since launch. Check your connection dude, it's best to have fast internet if you're trying to play a mmo.
    MageLife
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've been reading it seems it's mostly people that use a router that have the worst problems. My Xbox is connected directly to the modem, and while I still get booted, I can usually get several hours worth of game-time between boots.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played for several hours last night. There was lag for about 5 minutes when I first got on, then it was fine. Like others have said, it may be best to check your gear. Use port forwarding, or triggering, open NAT in static mode that follows the device, not the IP because some routers will assign IPs based on the order in which things are turned on that day. Check also to see if there is an IP conflict with other devices.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    My Nat is open all the ports are forwarded properly. All other games are working fine it is only ESO. There is lots of folks in my guild that have this exact same issue. The problem is not my setup it is the game and all the finger pointing isn't fixing the problems. The folks with eso need to look into this issue and not just point and say its your problem just like you all did. I would not have come to the forum if I didn't already check my internet.
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. No one in my guild has reported any issues, but things tend to get a little shaky right before server maintenance. That in junction with high server populations on the weekends might be the root cause. The servers just aren't very good at handling high loads even still. If this has seriously been happening to you consistently since launch I can't imagine ZoS is going to be able to actual help. You might want to contact Microsoft support as well if Zenimax's support doesn't help you.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    And comments like that are exactly why they wont fix the problem. You are just as bad as the eso support saying contact Microsoft. Just another pass the buck and as long as its not affecting you right who cares about all the others that are affected. Great attitude for a support forum post. No wonder nothing is getting fixed if the players don't even care about other players.
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    And just for stats since playing this morning. I have already been kicked off three times.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also have no issues. There are a lot more people playing this game with no issues than there are with issues. One of my guilds has 80+ and no one complains about disconnects that make the game unplayable. I also do not hear of issues with everyone I play with online.

Not sure who your provider is. Below is a link to another post where the poster was blaming ESO as you are. Someone finally chimed in with the same ISP provider. They pointed the poster to issues with the router the ISP provided, something to do with router versions. Check the post out that solved their issues, maybe it can help you.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2111300#Comment_2111300

If the post does not help, I suggest looking deeper into you router and settings. If you have a router that is a couple years old it may need a firmware update. If you are renting the router, call your ISP provider. Maybe they can send you the newer version as they change to newer ones as they technology advances.
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    The game problems have now progressed to where I don't get kicked but the game just freezes yet everyone in voice chat can still talk to me. I can hear them and they can hear me but the screen is completely frozen and the only way out is to either restart my xbox or go to the xbox dashboard and end the game. I have completely reinstalled the game and removed all save files. I have even followed the process to clear the xbox cache. Every day this game is getting worse and worse. I am so glad that there is so many folks out there that are having no issues. Count yourself lucky and I hope what I am going through never happens to you. The kicker of all this is my husband is in the other room and still on the game. So again the problem is not with my internet. But as long as we keep passing the problems off nothing is going to get fixed.
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    Another day and another update. I came home today hoping to relax playing the game but the same issues are happening so in the last 2hrs my game has frozen the screen but I am still in voice chat talking to others. The folks in my group have told my character just stands still. The only way to fix it is to completely kill the game. It is happening about every 30mins like clock work. Here are the crash times 4:33pm, 5:02pm, 5:28pm and 5:57pm. And now I am done playing. How many more days and do I just decide to not even play anymore? Something needs to be fixed.
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    Altho Some issues people were having was with the router and the the ISP they are on - HOWEVER - not ALL of us that are experiencing these issues are using the same router. ISP.

I have re-done everything - factory reset and re-updated my XB1, redid the router, fresh new install - ALL Connection tests Pass - however I still get long load and /or at times it wont load and I must quit the game and restart, other times the lag is so bad skills dont respond as they should, at times client just crashes.

Tho I do recognize that not ALL are having any issues, There are many of us that are having the Same issues and We are all Different Routers and ISP's, also this is happening to both XB1 and PS4 players.

Since this is spread across the NA and EU servers, and from what I understand the PC server as well, this indicates a Server based issue -- Something in the server - or their ports or a corrupted file has occurred.

Edited by Ravens-Sonata on August 27, 2015 12:59PM
  • frusrated
    frusrated
    I had alot of issues like this back in july was getting worse almost everyday, thought eso had it out for me tried everything reset, reinstalled nothing worked, then... i cant remember what its called a guild mate had to explain it too me in party chat , but look up how to run a deep clean or smthn..., i mean clear your xbox from all the junk its collected over time its not factory reset its hiding somewhere in network settings but cleans better than a reset wish i could remember, then re install takes a while but i havnt had any problems since hope you can find it or somebody here knows what im talking about that
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    I guess i got the other version...
    Woking Mans Guild, Laid Back Questing And Help - ESG - On ESO NA - To Join Contact SoulSix (Syphiona) OR SS Arogonian

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pay rent each month for somewhere to sleep, however every night I have to listen to my polish housemates having sex that sounds like two guars in mating season all night long. I could leave and find somewhere else.. that's the freedom of your subscription - it's optional. Just saying.
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    myself, just adding some humor to the mix lol
    Woking Mans Guild, Laid Back Questing And Help - ESG - On ESO NA - To Join Contact SoulSix (Syphiona) OR SS Arogonian

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've done a hard reset on your Xbox one. Literally try unugging it from the wall and the Xbox one for just 2 minutes and then turn it on and play. I have occasional disconnections but not as you describe.

My disconnections are more related to Xbox one but server issues don't help.
    I had to do a lot of port forwarding too
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on August 28, 2015 11:04AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    So after the server crash last night, I am back to freezing every 15mins. It is like clockwork. I even tell my guild mates I will be crashing in a min or so and sure enough I do. But they all can still hear me perfectly fine talking just my screen freezes in eso.
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    The thing I am trying right now is a complete xbox factory reset. I am in the process of re downloading the game yet again. My isp is going to hate me I have already got the email that I am going over my bandwidth limit and will be charged for the extra. Wish me luck.
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    And btw in response to the I could cancel my subscription, if i was renting and my ac broke the landlord would be required to fix the ac. Why is eso not required to fix the game or even try to research the problem? But they don't all they do is blame someone else. Its always someone else's problems.
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    The factory reset of the xbox did not fix anything here is the list problems so far from today.

10:43 I logged in for the first time
    11:02 game lagged, character disappeared then got "unable to connect to game check my internet"
    11:24 game froze but still in voice chat
    11:56 game froze and kicked to dashboard
    12:52 game froze and still in voice chat
    1:32 game froze no voice chat

The longest I got to play without problem was like an hr. This is not fun and something needs to be done.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    rozwellite wrote: »
    So after the server crash last night, I am back to freezing every 15mins. It is like clockwork. I even tell my guild mates I will be crashing in a min or so and sure enough I do. But they all can still hear me perfectly fine talking just my screen freezes in eso.

It was not an ESO server crash. Level 3 which provides the internet access to the ESO server farm had a major issue and their customers lost service for several hours .....
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

So your guild mates do not have issues and play the game normally?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    And btw in response to the I could cancel my subscription, if i was renting and my ac broke the landlord would be required to fix the ac. Why is eso not required to fix the game or even try to research the problem? But they don't all they do is blame someone else. Its always someone else's problems.

Depends on the lease agreement. If they did not fix your a/c, you could move just as you can cancel the game. Then again, you are not renting the game like a house with a rental agreement.

ESO is providing the game to you for free. If you are paying for the game, it is your option an not a requirement. So how are they obligated to fix something they think is your issue when they are not charging you for a service they are providing? Especially when a majority of the people playing this game do not have an issue? Read the end user agreement you acknowledged, a lawyer probably put some fancy words in there protecting them. BTW AFAIK the XB1 gold you pay is a Microsoft requirement and not an ESO requirement.

One thing you have never mentioned in all your posts in which you blame ESO is what you are using for internet. If you want to keep posting here complaining, give more information. Maybe someone can help .......

- Who is your internet service provider?
    - What is the level of service are paying for?
    - Which modem do you have?
    - Did you buy your modem or do you rent?
    - What is the age of your modem?
    - How old is the wire from the street providing internet to your modem?
    - Are you hardwired or using wifi?
    - If hardwired, how old is your cat5 cable?
    - Have you tried another cat5 cable?
    - If you cant change the cat5 cable, have you replaced the rj45 connectors?
    - What is the firmware version in your modem?
    - What are your modem settings?
    - Do you have any security enabled in your modem?

These are just some of the issues that can cause your issues, none of which are ESO issues. There are probably more issues/questions that I did not think of.

One of my guild mates has no issues playing this game using a Verizon 4G LTE wireless hot spot, it is all he uses. We run V+ level dungeons and he never gets kicked or lags. I would think a wireless hot spot would cause the most issues with this game as it has to deal with cellular service but he has no issues.

As ESO thinks, I think the issues is yours. Have you taken your Xbox to a friends house and try to run the game there? Hopefully someone who has a different internet provider.
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    Wow dude guess you totally missed the part where my husband is playing right in the next room with no problems. It has nothing to do with my internet. I can play every other game fine. It is my eso profile. And the only way for it to get fixed is from someone from eso to actually take a look at it and if you notice no one from eso even comes to help.

So thanks for more not helping Balibe you should apply for a job at eso.
  • rozwellite
    rozwellite
    ✭✭
    And another thing to point out if it was my internet you would think the freeze times would be random and not every 15mins. Something is happening to make it freeze at certain times and that is not internet disconnects. And also if my it was my internet how in the world would ppl still be able to hear me in voice chat.
  • WhiskeyMick
    WhiskeyMick
    ✭✭
    The game is one outta three times unplayable, except to fan boys screaming they're dragonborns.