The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Azura's Star - NA][PS4] Are both EP and AD brain dead?

Beegie_B
Beegie_B
Seriously guys... why are you two constantly fighting with each other?

Did you not realize that DC has had control of all the scrolls for the majority of this week? Do you not understand how the scoring system works in Alliance Wars?

I mean... coming from gaming in a tactical setting, I just don't understand the decisions you guys make. Why are you constantly attacking the keep that is best defended by the enemy? Why are you constantly attacking the same keep, and then fighting amongst yourselves over who gets control while the enemy regroups and kills us all while our pants are down?

Do you guys/gals even think strategically? Hell, I drew a little example for my 6 year old niece and asked her what her strategy would be, and she had more tactical semblance than the decisions that these two alliances are making.

Why are AD and EP fighting for second place? Do you just give up on trying to win?

How hard is this? Don't attack each other. If you see EP making a move for a keep, don't go for the same god damn keep, go for another to block spawn, or try to regain our scroll?

And why the hell is EP attacking Bloodmayne and Black Boot? AD doesn't have any freaking scrolls right now! What are you going to accomplish? You're just pissing off people on AD, and they just try to retaliate.

There are 18 keeps, 6 belong to your alliance each. How hard is to have a truce, not attack each other's home keeps, and go for the real enemy? DC has been holding on to 6 scrolls for almost the entire week FFS!

I know it's just a game, and in the end it doesn't matter. But Lord Sithis, from a strategic point of view, you two pacts are in shambles.

Have fun fighting for second place. Neither of you are going to win at this rate.

/rant
Edited by Beegie_B on August 22, 2015 11:23AM
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    If EP is going after a keep and AD goes after the next to spawn block all AD did was help EP. Meanwhile AD would be getting the bulk of the fighting and, if close enough to the DC base, loosing. And Vise-versa. Two alliances aren't going to help the other get a keep and AP when they get nothing.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • Beegie_B
    Beegie_B
    13igTyme wrote: »
    If EP is going after a keep and AD goes after the next to spawn block all AD did was help EP. Meanwhile AD would be getting the bulk of the fighting and, if close enough to the DC base, loosing. And Vise-versa. Two alliances aren't going to help the other get a keep and AP when they get nothing.

They get their scroll back.

Go look at the map.

You have to see the state of the world to understand why this is useful.

You're forcing the enemy to fight multiple fronts.

---

The other option is both go for the same keep. And this guarantees that 2/3 of the alliances get nothing. Often times it's the defending alliance that comes out on top because they can regroup and counter while the other 2 are fighting for the same keep without any strategic thought of what to do next.

You have to think 2-3 turns ahead instead of the immediate goal. It's short-sighted thinking like yours that leads to the state that Azura's star has been in this week.
    Edited by Beegie_B on August 22, 2015 7:08AM
  • 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    Beegie_B wrote: »

They get their scroll back.

Go look at the map.

You have to see the state of the world to understand why this is useful.

You're forcing the enemy to fight multiple fronts.

---

The other option is both go for the same keep. And this guarantees that 2/3 of the alliances get nothing. Often times it's the defending alliance that comes out on top because they can regroup and counter while the other 2 are fighting for the same keep without any strategic thought of what to do next.

You have to think 2-3 turns ahead instead of the immediate goal. It's short-sighted thinking like yours that leads to the state that Azura's star has been in this week.

I am thinking 2-3 turns ahead. EP was going for Ashwell, which had AD's scroll, last time I was on. All the people on AD decided to go for Glademist, which had EP's scroll. I guess to cut them off and take two scrolls not realizing EP was at Ashwell. Well we did cut off there spawn to Ashwell and then got murdered by the entire army at Ash and pushed to Nikel. We kept pushing back only to get a strong push before they retreated back to Ashwell to protect that scroll. So in the two hours this was happening, EP was very close to getting AD's scroll at Ashwell and AD was just running back and forth from Nikel and Ash. I don't know if EP ever got the scroll back because the game crashed for me and I got logged off. I would assume they did since nothing was happening on the other side of the map for AD/EP.

So it came down to AD helping EP take AD's scroll from DC.
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • Beegie_B
    Beegie_B
    I am thinking 2-3 turns ahead. EP was going for Ashwell, which had AD's scroll, last time I was on. All the people on AD decided to go for Glademist, which had EP's scroll. I guess to cut them off and take two scrolls not realizing EP was at Ashwell. Well we did cut off there spawn to Ashwell and then got murdered by the entire army at Ash and pushed to Nikel. We kept pushing back only to get a strong push before they retreated back to Ashwell to protect that scroll. So in the two hours this was happening, EP was very close to getting AD's scroll at Ashwell and AD was just running back and forth from Nikel and Ash. I don't know if EP ever got the scroll back because the game crashed for me and I got logged off. I would assume they did since nothing was happening on the other side of the map for AD/EP.

So it came down to AD helping EP take AD's scroll from DC.

This was the situation when I wrote the original thread... I went to bed shortly after so I don't know what unfolded over the night, but I would assume not much in favour of AD or EP if the past 3-4 nights are anything to go by.

DC controlled all 6 scrolls (2 of which they've been controlling for the past 2 or so days, one from each pact)... they also only controlled 4 keeps (4 for the enemy scrolls).

AD's scrolls are being held at Warden and Dragonclaw
    DC's scrolls are being held at Rayles and Glademist

AD decides to make a push for the scroll at Dragonclaw, unfortunately they didn't get very far, but why? What was EP doing at that time? Attacking Faregyl! I *** you not. The keep that has no strategic value in that situation.

In the time that AD was pushing for Dragonclaw, EP could have been making a push for any of their scrolls at Glademist or Rayles, thus forcing DC to split up their forces. Nope, instead they decided to attack AD? Why? Who the hell knows!

Have AD and EP not ever heard of the saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

It's also basic grade-school math. If AD and EP allow DC to keep all 6 scrolls, they are allowing them to gain at a minimum 190 points per hour (that's not counting resource nodes). If, for the sake of example AD somehow managed to take all of EPs keeps with DC sitting and not doing anything, they could only at most gain 155 points per hour (not counting resource nodes). If we do assume that resource nodes are all controlled by the keep's faction, DC would be getting 202 points per hour while AD would get 197 points per hour. So... while DC only has to spread their force across 4 keeps to maintain a 202 PPH, AD would need to maintain control over 14 keeps to still gain less points per hour. It doesn't take a PHD in statistics to figure out which is a more sustainable model for growth.

The bottom line is... YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO WIN IF YOU LET DC CONTROL ALL 6 SCROLLS!

Why the hell are AD and EP fighting each other? It makes absolutely no sense. You're just allowing the dominant team to gain more dominance.

FFS, in the past week DC went from being in second place with ~2k point deficit, to having a lead of over 10k. All because EP and AD are too stupid to not fight each other.

Now, I know there will always be small scale battles between EP and AD, some people just do whatever they want, they might want to do bounty quests, etc.

But organized PvP guilds... what the hell are you thinking!? You're just giving away the lead on a platter.

Rant aside, I need to commend DC for what they've accomplished this week. I don't know if it's because you guys/gals are organized very well, or it's organic. But seeing your battle plans as they are executed, it's very well played. You are killing it.
  • madeleine86
    madeleine86
    Soul Shriven
    Except for that is never the case.. EP is always fighting 2 fronts with AD and DC attacking.. Maybe if AD also attacks DC? Must be the argonians that DC and AD hate so much.
  • Beegie_B
    Beegie_B
    Except for that is never the case.. EP is always fighting 2 fronts with AD and DC attacking.. Maybe if AD also attacks DC? Must be the argonians that DC and AD hate so much.

Well, last night would beg to differ when EP was attacking AD while AD was trying to make a scroll push.

But I agree, AD has made some incredibly stupid pushes against EP over the week as well. Both alliances have done some stupid *** this week.

The worst part for AD is they're so far behind, they will never stand a chance of victory if they keep attacking the team in second place. Too bad most of my fellow comrades are too stupid/blind to understand this simple fact.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like DC winning campaigns is getting to you. Dont forget that most of your DC buddies are EP and AD rerolls.
    Atm not a single AD gives a damn about the campaign. AD just focused on farming and saving up and having fun. Most are on pts. Many are grinding alts. Until IC is released AD simply wont care.

You can talk tactical sense to us all day, AD knows what has to be done to get scrolls, emp, win campaign but nobody wants to pvdoor/pvwall their way to the scrolls and get 750 ap out of it. Emp pushes is the only thing that excites AD but the lag just makes it not worth it also. Simply not worth it, we can get easy ap elsewhere.

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Beegie_B
    Beegie_B
    Looks like DC winning campaigns is getting to you. Dont forget that most of your DC buddies are EP and AD rerolls.
    Atm not a single AD gives a damn about the campaign. AD just focused on farming and saving up and having fun. Most are on pts. Many are grinding alts. Until IC is released AD simply wont care.

You can talk tactical sense to us all day, AD knows what has to be done to get scrolls, emp, win campaign but nobody wants to pvdoor/pvwall their way to the scrolls and get 750 ap out of it. Emp pushes is the only thing that excites AD but the lag just makes it not worth it also. Simply not worth it, we can get easy ap elsewhere.

Nope, I really don't care about the win. You have that wrong.

What I care about is the team being at least competitive. They're not. They're getting absolutely rolled.

It's no fun playing on a buff server. The fun is when you have 3 alliances giving it their all.

Right now it's AD and EP sabotaging themselves while both get rolled by DC.

That's not fun. If that's your definition of fun, you're part of the problem.
  • Beegie_B
    Beegie_B
    EP!?

Why the hell are you attacking AD when DC has your freaking scrolls?

AD makes a scroll push against DC, and gets their scroll.

What does EP do? Do we try to attack DC while they are chasing the scroll and try to get back their scroll?... Which BTW... DC has held for over a week. Or, do we instead try to cut off AD scroll runners, and attack AD at 2 separate keeps?

Clearly we attack AD because going for the team in last place that is only trying to reclaim their scroll is a smart move.

How stupid are you guys?

EP... You had the lead in Azuras until last week, and now you let DC gain a 18k point lead over you. And you keep attacking AD, who is in last place.

Keep fighting for last place EP and AD, you're making DC's job hell of a lot easier.
  • Beegie_B
    Beegie_B
    Another day, another 4 hours of AD being complete idiots.

Why on Sithes' good black earth are you dumb asses attacking Arrius keep? How is this helping us recapture our scroll?

Do you not realize all this is doing is weakening EP, allowing DC to push EP back, and thus giving DC even more of a lead?

What is the end game goal of that move? There is no strategic advantage to attacking Arrius. The only thing you're accomplishing is securing your loss.

-_-
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK am in DC and their no way you haven't been able to take a scroll out of Glademist.All you have to do to take Glademist is take the mine and the Keep is your since you can setup Siege on the Rocks overlooking the Keep and flag it in less then 30 Seconds.

Glademist is the easiee easiest keep to take and the hardest in the game to defend.Its not hard.If you take the mine you can have 40 Siege up no problem. That's allow you to break down both keep walls in less then a minute.

God Stop crying. L2P its not hard.
  • Beegie_B
    Beegie_B
    Jaronking wrote: »
    OK am in DC and their no way you haven't been able to take a scroll out of Glademist.All you have to do to take Glademist is take the mine and the Keep is your since you can setup Siege on the Rocks overlooking the Keep and flag it in less then 30 Seconds.

Glademist is the easiee easiest keep to take and the hardest in the game to defend.Its not hard.If you take the mine you can have 40 Siege up no problem. That's allow you to break down both keep walls in less then a minute.

Yeah... it's easy. Too bad AD hasn't been able to do it.

Because they're too busy attacking DC.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

The scroll inside Glademist is on next weeks lessons for Hooked on Phonics, we'll come by then to pick up.
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... DC does consist of the best players

EP is a bunch of skyrim nerds that know nothing about MMOs

And AD is a bunch of 12 year olds that thought it would be cool to rp as an elf

*grabs popcorn*
  • Beegie_B
    Beegie_B
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    Well... DC does consist of the best players

EP is a bunch of skyrim nerds that know nothing about MMOs

And AD is a bunch of 12 year olds that thought it would be cool to rp as an elf

*grabs popcorn*

This is true. This is true.
  • EliteGunner_PSN
    The major problem is, most of the organized AD groups that were in Azuras left after the last campaign and went to Chillrend or other servers. What you have now is the leftovers.
    Skooma Smugglers/Soulless Knights/Speed Dealers

V14 Templar Healer AD, PvP and PvE (who goes full healer in PvP anyway?)