The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection" Xbox One

LanaCroft92
(EU server)
I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem on European server.
I can log in and out absolutely fine. Since the last patch for Xbox one this seems to happen all the time.
Every 30minutes max sometimes every 10 minutes it disconnects me out of the game saying there is a connection error. Which is false, before the last patch I never had any a connection issues whatsoever. I'm still with same broadband and have a wireless network range extender.
I always know when I'm going to be disconnected because I am unable to talk to any of the NPC's or react to the environment around me although I can still move around.
I've been living with it, but it's really starting to get on my nerves now, epecially when I'm in the middle of a group dungeon and I get disconnected at least 3 times!
I hope others have had the same issue and it's not just me!!
Help!!
Edited by LanaCroft92 on August 20, 2015 7:46PM
  • Grymligast
    Does it say "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."?

What ISP are you with?
  • LanaCroft92
    ISP is Virgin, I've been on website to check in my area if there are any issues and there are none. Yes I have a valid internet connection as all my other devices such as phone/laptop connect without any disruption.
    The Xbox One itself will stay connected for hours on home page or whilst using apps such as Netflix or YouTube.
    Yes it does say that, it seems to kick me out every half hour on the actual game. It lets me log straight back into the game after the error comes up and loads up where I just was.
  • LanaCroft92
    But I always know when I'm going to be kicked out because about 40seconds before it does, I am unable to interact with the environment or NPC's.
  • LanaCroft92
    Just started playing it now and again comes up with this "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's working fine for me, and I'm with Virgin too.
  • LanaCroft92
    It's now disconnected me after only 10minutes of play three times!
    I've never had a problem with Virgin or with the game until the last patch update. It definitely has to be the servers.. Why else would I keep getting kicked out when I never did before :( I've checked the detailed statistics on the network settings of the console and everything is the same as it has always been - there is no packet loss the latency is the same as it has always been and so is the d/l & u/l speed and my wireless strength is 100%.
    There are a few other people I know having this problem but no one seems to know how to resolve it :'(
    Edited by LanaCroft92 on August 20, 2015 7:42PM
  • Grymligast
    ISP is Virgin,

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/Response-from-Elder-Scrolls-Online-re-disconnections-on-Virgin/td-p/2876244

and a response from Virgin, if you can call it a response:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/Intermittent-connection-with-Gaming/td-p/2887404

I've had the same as you recently, and ended up buying a new router, sticking the Super Hub 2 in to modem mode, and i've only had 1 disconnect since (which actually ended up being my own fault when messing about with the new router).

I'm dubious weather it's actually ZoS fault (in UK Virgin Media customer's case), as new firmware upgrades to Superhubs came out around the same time. If you check on the Virgin Media gaming forum (above), you'll notice lots of people, across lots of different games, are getting the exact same problems as us.
    Edited by Grymligast on August 21, 2015 8:31AM
  • LanaCroft92
    Thanks!
    I was playing it last night from about 10:30 until gone midnight and I only had one disconnection, wondering if it links with the fact the server is less busy at that time.
    I will check the link out now. Thankyou!
  • LanaCroft92
    I decided to invest in a decent NETGEAR Router so I have put my Virgin Superhub 2 into modem mode to use this new routed so far so good....!!
  • LanaCroft92
    *router