The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clothier Writ will not complete

NDwarf
NDwarf
✭✭✭
I have a clothier writ it calls for 2 shadowspun robes, 2 breeches, 1 epaulet.

I made 2 robes and both are in my inventory. The quest did not up date to show 2/2 complete. So I destroyed them and made 2 more (vet 14 level) and still won't update to show 2/2 complete. What am I doing wrong here? I can't afford to burn through cloth playing around trying to figure this out.

I tried using hemming to up the quality and still quest won't update.

No other crafting writs are like this. Going crazy trying to figure this BS out.
"When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to do white quality only, no traits, and not of a set, just the generic and any racial. HOWEVER, if you are doing the VR14 stuff, I assume you know all that. Has it been a while?

(And, dang it, you do know they only need to be VR9? Stop wasting those mats.)

Just out of curiousity, did the crafting station reset you to a lower quality than Shadowspun? I have accidentally made what I thought were shadowspun and were actually kresh.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 30, 2015 4:27PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    You want to do white quality only, no traits, and not of a set, just the generic and any racial. HOWEVER, if you are doing the VR14 stuff, I assume you know all that. Has it been a while?

Just out of curiousity, did the crafting station reset you to a lower quality than Shadowspun? I have accidentally made what I thought were shadowspun and were actually kresh.

Thing is I never done a clothier craft before (Alchemy and Prov writs only). Leveled cloth to 50 just by breaking down all the green junk rewards we get from questing (my main just hit VR9). Dumped skill points into the craft to master it and tried to do a writ.

So I see, trait is where I went wrong. I thought cloth had to have a trait and be max level so I'll try no trait and VR9. Thanks.

edit - Got a shadowspun robe, a repair kit, and 50 gold as a reward...that was my first and will be my last clothier writ. Void Cloth sells for 2500 a stack on Ps4 sheesh. I would of been better off selling the cloth :smiley:
    Edited by NDwarf on August 30, 2015 5:07PM
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • Luvtantius_Micocia
    Luvtantius_Micocia
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that you indeed need to craft the most basic form of any of the required items on the writs. When I used more materials (higher level) , or more then just a base enchanment then it just did not count for the writ.
    I like eating sweetrolls and crushing skulls, and I am all out of sweetrolls.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NDwarf wrote: »
    Darlgon wrote: »

Thing is I never done a clothier craft before (Alchemy and Prov writs only). Leveled cloth to 50 just by breaking down all the green junk rewards we get from questing (my main just hit VR9). Dumped skill points into the craft to master it and tried to do a writ.

So I see, trait is where I went wrong. I thought cloth had to have a trait and be max level so I'll try no trait and VR9. Thanks.

Your welcome.

I remember the first day I did a writ, now that you mention it. DId a cool green item with a neat trait and was pretty upset when I thought the writ quest was broken for not telling me where to turn it in. Forgot about that til now. But I was working with an alt who needed to level clothier and was level 7 cloth.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.