The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - The Undaunted Guardian"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster's Corner - The Undaunted Guardian."

Read on for a look at today's player build, a Templar that's ready to lead a group to victory! Want us to feature your build in a future issue? Be sure to email us your details and screenshots of your character to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • ZingyDevotee
    ZingyDevotee
    ✭✭
    What styles of armor is he wearing?? It looks AWESOME
  • Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    Helm (not shown) - Unassailable (Golden Saint style)
    Cuirass - Unassailable (Golden Saint style)
    Greaves - Altmer Heavy
    Gloves - Dunmer Light
    Sash - Dunmer Light
    Sabatons - Dunmer Heavy
    Pauldron - Imperial Heavy
    And I used Khajiit on the sword and shield as I like that celestial look to this type of tank.

I'm also a huge fan of armor style armor styles, and have done a lot of work to help eso-fashions database over the year. And I enjoy making custom setups for that unique look. I like to try to have functional and fashionable armor when possible. This is just my current setup as of now.

What you see is a mix of Lamias White/Varla White and Master Motif Brown. But I often swap the whites out for either Nightshade Purple, Red Diamond Red, or Covenant Blue. All which look great with the Master Motif Brown.

But I'm glad you like the armor, so far Im enjoying this setup and the look, Im sure sometime in the future it will change. But for now it is practical and stylish ^_^
    Edited by Sneak_Thief on March 2, 2015 11:39PM
  • Stroggnonimus
    Stroggnonimus
    ✭✭✭
    I have almost exactly the same build but with DK not temp, and use little bit different skills :smiley: Its brilliant, I can tank absolutely anything in PVE and I even do some veteran pledges in 3 man group - me as tank and 2DDs. :)
    Also, Unassailable is a very underrated set, much better than Footman imo.
    Whoever said that argonians aren't sexy, is obviously not a sexy argonian.

OG Argonian tank

BLOOD FOR THE PACT !

• Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solid build. Breath of Life can slot into it for group content.
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    With the exception of Volley, I use all the same skills in my Temp Tank build just slotted differently. I run 1HS on both sets lumping offense on one bar and defense on the other. In place of Volley I was using Solar Barrage for extra agro and the bonus damage to next attack, but am now having an absolute BLAST playing around with the new Radiant Destruction skill.

Circle of Protection is trash now, imho. Just doesnt have the mitigation it did before. Id like to suggest you try Spiked Bone Shield form the Undaunted line. Not only is it far superior protection for both you and allies but it fits very well with your build name.

Few tweaks there for adapting to 1.6 but a really awesome build you made, Sneak. Just a shame that now I cant post my Aedric Crusader to BMC. =)
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • Sneak_Thief
    Sneak_Thief
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreddnawt wrote: »
    With the exception of Volley, I use all the same skills in my Temp Tank build just slotted differently. I run 1HS on both sets lumping offense on one bar and defense on the other. In place of Volley I was using Solar Barrage for extra agro and the bonus damage to next attack, but am now having an absolute BLAST playing around with the new Radiant Destruction skill.

Circle of Protection is trash now, imho. Just doesnt have the mitigation it did before. Id like to suggest you try Spiked Bone Shield form the Undaunted line. Not only is it far superior protection for both you and allies but it fits very well with your build name.

Few tweaks there for adapting to 1.6 but a really awesome build you made, Sneak. Just a shame that now I cant post my Aedric Crusader to BMC. =)

Yeah Boneshield or Possibly blood alter if you just wanted to save on stam would be a good fit. Id also like to make the recommendation of probably dropping ransack as the petty armor you get is no longer worth it. I think Pierce Armor now seems to be the better looking morph which should help your dps's drop enemies faster.
  • wolfaust
    wolfaust
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive! I want to try this build.

Thanks!
    Edited by wolfaust on August 18, 2015 6:33AM
  • nazyperson
    how does one get the golden saint style?
    also what jewlery u have on for build?
    Edited by nazyperson on August 29, 2015 9:12PM