Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

new to the game need help xbox one

gordy7766
gordy7766
Soul Shriven
Hi im new to the game I was windering if anyone had any hints or tips im on xbox one . How do you get armour new weapons etc and how do you get gold fast . Please help thanks
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest.

It's,the easiest way to get armor, weapons, money, xp, level up skills.

Just smash quests until at least rank 20.

• gordy7766
    gordy7766
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thanks im level 5 just unsure on what to do etc
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gordy7766 wrote: »
    Hi im new to the game I was windering if anyone had any hints or tips im on xbox one . How do you get armour new weapons etc and how do you get gold fast . Please help thanks
    Welcome to the game!

First and foremost: when you start the game, you'll be asked to go to an island. GO THERE. Don't skip it. It's the easiest way to level up and get familiar with the game, as most enemies aren't too strong.

This also gives you a chance to try out different weapon and skills based on what type of character you created. If you don't like the setup, you can delete and start over without having wasted too much time in the game.

You won't be making gold easily at early levels, but don't sweat it: you won't be using it much anyway.

The key to this game is deconstructing weapons and armor for your class. Items colored white are useless, so don't even bother picking them up. You want green, blue, etc.

Some items come with traits, such as "Increase Weapon and Spell Damage". These you can do research on, which allows you to craft items with that trait once you acquire the proper stone to do it (and you'll amass many, both finding in the world and deconstructing items).

There are tons of quests in each area, as well as dungeons, delves, and special bosses, which gives you better stuff. Delves and dungeons have Skyshards in them, so be sure to search them completely to get them as they are used to improve your skills and passive.

That's the simple primer, but if you need any more help, drop in and ask away.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont worry about putting points into the wrong things. Try everything. You can always respec a more streamline build once you figure out how you want to play.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    gordy7766 wrote: »
    Welcome to the game!

First and foremost: when you start the game, you'll be asked to go to an island. GO THERE. Don't skip it. It's the easiest way to level up and get familiar with the game, as most enemies aren't too strong.

This also gives you a chance to try out different weapon and skills based on what type of character you created. If you don't like the setup, you can delete and start over without having wasted too much time in the game.

You won't be making gold easily at early levels, but don't sweat it: you won't be using it much anyway.

The key to this game is deconstructing weapons and armor for your class. Items colored white are useless, so don't even bother picking them up. You want green, blue, etc.

Some items come with traits, such as "Increase Weapon and Spell Damage". These you can do research on, which allows you to craft items with that trait once you acquire the proper stone to do it (and you'll amass many, both finding in the world and deconstructing items).

There are tons of quests in each area, as well as dungeons, delves, and special bosses, which gives you better stuff. Delves and dungeons have Skyshards in them, so be sure to search them completely to get them as they are used to improve your skills and passive.

That's the simple primer, but if you need any more help, drop in and ask away.

While I agree with most of this, I just wanted to take a moment to offer a different outlook on white items. In my opinion, it is worth it to pick them up at lower levels (as long as we aren't talking about the ones you steal that are worth zero gold). For one, you can sell them to NPC merchants to start building up your gold reserve. Sure it isn't much, but there aren't a lot of ways to make tons of cash at low levels and every little bit helps. Also, white armor is better than no armor at all. If you don't have a helmet yet, don't wait to put one on just b/c it isn't green quality. Lastly, white armor can have traits on it that you can research...So it isn't totally useless, don't just leave it sitting un-looted on your monster kills. But the rest of the advice listed above is solid stuff :)
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    For one, you can sell them to NPC merchants to start building up your gold reserve. Sure it isn't much, but there aren't a lot of ways to make tons of cash at low levels and every little bit helps.

Also, white armor is better than no armor at all. If you don't have a helmet yet, don't wait to put one on just b/c it isn't green quality. Lastly, white armor can have traits on it that you can research...So it isn't totally useless, don't just leave it sitting un-looted on your monster kills. But the rest of the advice listed above is solid stuff :)
    Only white items with traits can be sold, and it's more important to deconstruct/research than to sell. True, if one wants to sell junk to earn gold they won't use, that's an option, but new players have very little room to carry unnecessary stuff.

That's why I recommend ditching the white. The trade-off isn't worth it.

The islands have the ability to get gold from selling green items (very common drops), so there's no reason to deal with white items at all.

I noticed from my new character that white item drops with traits is rarer than green drops with traits.