Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skillbar-swap via touchpad

Aces-High-82
Aces-High-82
✭✭✭
Would it be possible to implement an option to change controls for barswapping (touchpad)/map-mount (left digital button)?

I already died a few times due the loss of mobility as you have to have to press the left digibutton and leave the left stick with your thumb.
Imho the shorten loss of aim is way much less painfull as the forced imobility right now. Especially when lokking forward to the next patch which will enable barswapping while sprinting I am asking myself how I'm supposed to realize this without breaking my fingers.

This control issue can sometimes be gamebreaking especially in alliance war and dungeons.
I would be gratefull (and belive many more players) if this suggestion can be realized.

Best regards & sry for my bad english
Ace
  • Sithgear75
    Sithgear75
    ✭✭
    Remapping of the controller buttons in general would be a welcome addition.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not.
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    What about this:

L2+R2 combo - Horse (call/ride)

Touchpad - Click to bring up map
    Left swipe touchpad -> Swap weapons (instead of left d-pad)
    right swipe touchpad -> quest switch instead of right d-pad)
    down swipe touchpad -> instead of down d-pad.

The d-pad 4 keys are now free. The positions of the potion wheel are now all mapped here. If you want use your left potion, then just hit the left d-pad. The ones between the 2, just hit them both together.

If that doesn't work, then make the 4 d-pad buttons all hotkeys. Holding each one will assign the potion you want to use.

They way it is now on the PS4. I only ever use 1 potion. You can't switch mid battle and at the end of the battle it no longer matters.

Just trying to come up with a way to have potions readily available on the PS4.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Pyro117 wrote: »
    What about this:

The d-pad 4 keys are now free. The positions of the potion wheel are now all mapped here. If you want use your left potion, then just hit the left d-pad. The ones between the 2, just hit them both together.

If that doesn't work, then make the 4 d-pad buttons all hotkeys. Holding each one will assign the potion you want to use.

They way it is now on the PS4. I only ever use 1 potion. You can't switch mid battle and at the end of the battle it no longer matters.

Taking experience from other games you have a lot the PS4 Touchpad can do ...

You have:
    Left Swipe
    Right Swipe
    Up Swipe
    Down Swipe
    Hold Touchpad Down
    Left Click
    Right Click

Thats technically 5 unused buttons on the PS4.

Unsure if you can diagonally swipe.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • lorddragonhawk
    lorddragonhawk
    Soul Shriven
    Good god why didnt they implement something like this from the start.
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Good god why didnt they implement something like this from the start.

I know right? I know ZOS will never do it.
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Could you remap the r3 and left dpad? Sneak would be less bad as the left dpad than weapon swap. Never used the ps4 remap feature so didn't know if that would be plausible.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Toomdad wrote: »
    Could you remap the r3 and left dpad? Sneak would be less bad as the left dpad than weapon swap. Never used the ps4 remap feature so didn't know if that would be plausible.

I've tried this for a few days and it works fine.
  • Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭
    Toomdad wrote: »

This is what I did and it is infinitely better IMO than the default setup. Having to remove your thumb from the movement stick to swap weapons was brutal and a really dumb implementation frankly.
  • Duff-Paddy
    Pyro117 wrote: »
    What about this:

This is a decent idea, using Pots takes too long and weapon swapping sucks.

The touchpad has a lot of functionality, why not make full use of it?
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this is fixable gents on ps4 go settings/ accessibility/custom button assignments. Then swap left on the dpad for r3 . Save and then click the check box to add to quick menu and voila. Enabling quick menu let's you hold PS button then switch between custom and normal button settings. Weapon swapping is seamless when it's on r3
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly this is fixable gents on ps4 go settings/ accessibility/custom button assignments. Then swap left on the dpad for r3 . Save and then click the check box to add to quick menu and voila. Enabling quick menu let's you hold PS button then switch between custom and normal button settings. Weapon swapping is seamless when it's on r3

Well thats 1 fix, how about the awfully cluttered menu system?
    Although we shouldnt have to change console system settings just to make game controls easier.

Everything is under ONE button while swipe fuctions remain wasted.
    Edited by KYNG on September 3, 2015 2:49AM
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...