The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to learn Nirnhold traits?

syzmic
syzmic
✭✭✭
As title.

I have vet chars and maxed crafting 8/8 traits in all crafts but can not for the life of me how do i learn these?
  • JWT
    JWT
    ✭✭
    you need to find the weps/gear with the said trait from completing upper crag but the best way is to either ask in zone/guild for people that know said traits to make you one or look around guild sellers for the pieces
    I myself know a few and yer welcome to hit me up for pieces so long as you provide the stone : )
    hit me up @JWT ingame sometime if you'd like
    Edited by JWT on August 28, 2015 10:42AM
    may his chaos set you free~

Fennreous Ironwill - v15 stammblade/tank - AD
    Nitara ShadowClaw - v16 stammblade/tank - EP
    Ka'ri ShadowClaw - v16 magicblade - DC
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    You learn them just like the other traits. Meaning you have to find nirnhoned armor/weapons and research it.

So where to find nirnhoned equipment?
    1. Complete Craglorns lower and upper main quests, you will get 1 ! piece of nirnhoned equipment to research.
    2. Get nirnhoned equipment from other players.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have chest and boots in heavy and 1h sword. I bought mine from traders. When I complete the quest, I hope it's something different...
  • Igglez
    Igglez
    ✭✭
    max out all crafts and do daily writs for Surveys, they give Nirn Mats, then find people who have them researched and ask them to make you them and give them the mat, thats how I did it. I have 3 pieces light, sword, and if I want to I can get inferno staff and 4 pieces heavy, but ran out of mats.

Or just buy them from the traders. on PS4 mats are 25-30k and pieces of gear are 40-50k
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on server(EU/US) and console/PC you have to pay a lot for nirnhoned.
    Currently I think on EU/PC you pay around 20k for such items in stores.
    Crafters like me charge 1k to 5k depending on customer for making items if
    you can provide the nirncrux.
    So ask around in guilds or zones, that's usually cheaper than buying in stores.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depending on server(EU/US) and console/PC you have to pay a lot for nirnhoned.
    Currently I think on EU/PC you pay around 20k for such items in stores.
    Crafters like me charge 1k to 5k depending on customer for making items if
    you can provide the nirncrux.
    So ask around in guilds or zones, that's usually cheaper than buying in stores.
    Armor pieces can be found for 18k-20k, depending on when you check the stores. Weapon pieces are between 25k and 30k.

Last time I looked, fortified nirncrux (armor trait) can be found starting at 16k, potent nirncrux (weapon trait) starts at 20k+, but that level is rare. More frequently, you pay 18k respectively 25k.

It seems the turning point is reached, where the market is sufficiently flooded with nirn crafters that we go back to the "raw material is more expensive than the crafted results" game that all of us crafters know and love.