Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Level question

DamagedInc666
DamagedInc666
✭✭
Sorry if this sounds daft but i'm on the last Mages Guild Quest (I think) and it said Level 36 so I hopped on in and all the enemies were 43 Elites, this happened on an earlier quest too but I just about managed to get through it, obviously I can level up and go back to it but I was under the impression that these quests scaled to your level as now I am Level 38 it says the quest is a Level 38 quest?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe all auto-scaling in the game has a "floor". So it will scale up above the default level, but not below. So go in as a Level 49 and it will scale up to 49. But go in as anything less that Level 43 and it will not scale down. At least the group dungeons like Volenfell and Blackheart Haven, etc., seem to work that way.
  • DamagedInc666
    DamagedInc666
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I believe all auto-scaling in the game has a "floor". So it will scale up above the default level, but not below. So go in as a Level 49 and it will scale up to 49. But go in as anything less that Level 43 and it will not scale down. At least the group dungeons like Volenfell and Blackheart Haven, etc., seem to work that way.

Ah ok, thanks for your reply, it just seemed weird it was originally saying it was a Lv36, it's no big deal of course as there is plenty of other stuff to do!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Ah ok, thanks for your reply, it just seemed weird it was originally saying it was a Lv36, it's no big deal of course as there is plenty of other stuff to do!
    Yeah it seems to be an issue with the scaled quest levelling. Quests are scaling down below their minimum level in the journal.

A question - If you were to complete the Lvl 43 quest at Lvl 36, would you rather get a Lvl 36 reward that you could use straight away, or a Lvl 43 reward that is appropriate for the difficulty of the quest? The current setup allows you to be rewarded at-level regardless of the difficulty, but personally, I'd rather be rewarded for overcoming the difficulty.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DamagedInc666
    DamagedInc666
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    A question - If you were to complete the Lvl 43 quest at Lvl 36, would you rather get a Lvl 36 reward that you could use straight away, or a Lvl 43 reward that is appropriate for the difficulty of the quest? The current setup allows you to be rewarded at-level regardless of the difficulty, but personally, I'd rather be rewarded for overcoming the difficulty.

I ended up doing the Fighters Guild one and that was a similar situation to this although I wasn't quite as under levelled and I got a Level 36 reward which was a purple tier sword so i'm presuming in this case it's tied to the level you go in at although I am by no means an expert i'm just going off the Fighters Guild one.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up doing the Fighters Guild one and that was a similar situation to this although I wasn't quite as under levelled and I got a Level 36 reward which was a purple tier sword so i'm presuming in this case it's tied to the level you go in at although I am by no means an expert i'm just going off the Fighters Guild one.
    That is indeed correct, but my question was what you would rather get. A Lvl 36 purple sword to use now, and XP+gold appropriate for a Lvl 36, or a Lvl 43 purple sword to use later, and XP+gold appropriate for the difficulty in the content.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DamagedInc666
    DamagedInc666
    ✭✭
    That is indeed correct, but my question was what you would rather get. A Lvl 36 purple sword to use now, and XP+gold appropriate for a Lvl 36, or a Lvl 43 purple sword to use later, and XP+gold appropriate for the difficulty in the content.

Ah I see, I misread that, it's been a long day!

I would rather have the appropriate gear for my current level as by the time i'm Lv43 i'll have most likely picked up something equally as good and it saves on inventory space.
  • teaguewh
    teaguewh
    I just completed the last of the fighters guild quests with a level 24 Mage. The place was Riften and the daedra were 42. It's the one that resolves the storyline. Did I do good?