Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

The great shackle coldharbour, maybe a spoiler alert

Artfuldodger
Artfuldodger
✭✭✭
Level 48 Character playing this quest, going well until the end where I fail. Is this quest for higher ranked players? I ask because I am trying to complete the army of meridia and came across this quest. Playing solo as well.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
-Johnny Depp
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're going to have to give more details if you want help. What's causing you to fail at the end? Are you getting killed (and if so, what's giving you trouble in the fight, what tactics are you using, etc)? Are you simply unable to complete a step of the quest? What's happening?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rokiisun
    Rokiisun
    ✭✭
    It may be more to do with the tactics you are using. I've found myself being easily beat by enemies but when I use other weapons and abilities they go down a little easier. I've also done additional side quests in other locations to level up my character's skills a bit (or level) before coming back to fight a hard boss, but then having said that, I have fought bosses at striking locales who are at much lower levels and they can still beat my vet 3 dragonknight.
    Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.

High elf, Veteran rank 3, Dragon knight, AD, PS4, EU.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I had any issues. Then again, by that level my sorc had more powerful shields than Captain America.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Agree with Urquan, we need more details of how it fails. If I remember correctly, the quest isn't really hard. you need to defend Vanus by fighting a bunch of waves of enemy's. You got some add's to help you with that. It helps to stand back a bit after each fight. the add's will tank better for you AND you can see from which of the two spawning points the foes are coming.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Artfuldodger
    Artfuldodger
    ✭✭✭
    Was not
    UrQuan wrote: »
    You're going to have to give more details if you want help. What's causing you to fail at the end? Are you getting killed (and if so, what's giving you trouble in the fight, what tactics are you using, etc)? Are you simply unable to complete a step of the quest? What's happening?

It was my mistake, it was fire breathing thing that was getting me, was not moving fast enough + have Vamp. As said the boss itself was pretty easy.

Thanks all.

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
    -Johnny Depp