The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nirn Drops PS4

MrTarkanian48
MrTarkanian48
✭✭✭✭
Do you need to complete the craglorn quest line before you can find nirn? Or is affected by your level at all?

I started farming upper Craglorn at VR1 and have done so on and off for several weeks and am now at VR6. I farm all nodes for mats and waste welwas when I see them. I understand that they may only drop from ore/clothier/wood nodes, but i grab everthing anyway. I've seen the maps people posted and make sure I am in the correct area. I have yet to fine a single piece. I know they are rare drops, but I feel like I have done ALOT of searching without success. Just want to make sure I am just unlucky, and not that I am doing something wrong or not a high enough level etc: Anyone else finding this stuff on PS4?
Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
Altmer NB (DPS)
Imperial DK (Tank)
Redguard DK (DPS)
Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    I'm PS4 NA AD VR6. I have not completed (or even started) the upper craglorn main quest line. I have been able to find a couple of nirn drops in upper craglorn. It seems like you are just unlucky. I have gone entire weeks without a single drop (probably 10 hours of farming) and become disheartened. To be honest, it's easier to farm enough gold to buy them.
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks, its just good to know that I am not doing something wrong. I actually had a Perfect Roe drop from probably my 40th fish caught so its not all bad. Now getting the recipe seems next to impossible...
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main way to get them is through doing writs. These can be collected from any main city in your faction zones.

The maps you refer to are surveys. They are rewards you sometimes get from completing writs. You'll often get rubbish (a sword or bow etc). You'll get trait gems and even legendary improvement items. The higher your blacksmithing/woodworking/clothing the higher the chance of getting tempers. It has to be rank 9 in the skill line to deliver it to craglorn. This is how you

The surveys will lead you to about 7 or 8 nodes. As well as wood or metal, you'll have and increased chance to get nirncrux compared to standard nodes. These nodes are only there for you and only appear once you open the survey (like a treasure map).

You can get nirncrux from standard nodes, but at a far frequent rate. I've done about 40 writs at top level and got 3 reinforced nirncrux and 2 potent nirncrux.

The craglan main questline is nothing to do with nirncrux. However, when you complete it, you'll get rewarded one random Nirnhoned item. It could be anything. So you can then research it and use nirncrux to create that item after research it's done in whatever style, material and set you like.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The psijic ambrosia recipe is similar. You only get it from provisioning writs. These can be any level, but the higher your improvement level, the higher the chance of getting a fragment.

There's 7 fragments to complete the recipe, so to get all will take a while (unless you do it across as many characters as you can be bothered with).