Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Blue Flames - Destro Staff - morphed ability or?

xerasia
xerasia
✭✭✭
I've been noticing lately that some players' flames when they use AoE abilities with their destruction staff are blue and orange. I use the morphed Impulse ability, Elemental Ring, but am wondering if I would have morphed to Pulsar if this is what I would see. Or is this the result of sinking champion points into improving fire spell damage? Or maybe a class ability that Templars don't get?

TL/DR: How the heckie do I get blue flames with my destro staff AoE abilities?
Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use an Ice or Lighting staff? Definitely flames?
    PC EU
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use an Ice or Lighting staff? Definitely flames?

They "should" have the ability color based on the staff used. Orange for Fire, Blue for Ice and Purple ish for Lightning. Whether that's the case or not is another story. Go grab a generic staff of each elemental type until you get the look you want. Then you can find that version of the staff your using for it.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire is orange, lightning is bright blue and ice is a dirty white regarding staff specific particle effects (so everything but force/crushing shock). However the morphs of Impulse seem to change the animation of the spell somewhat. I believe for a fire Pulsar you will get some blue flames along with the standard orange ones, but i am Not entirely sure . It could be ring of fire as well, since i have used both and never really cared about the particle effects.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the morph that reduces the enemy max life by 10% it is rarely used because it does not work on bosses and the dot is aditional dps
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Its the morph that reduces the enemy max life by 10% it is rarely used because it does not work on bosses and the dot is aditional dps

Elemental Ring (4) – Adds a DoT for 10s. Downside to this morph is that you are likely spamming the heck out of this spell, so the DOT never really sees the light of day. However, at times you may mix in another spell which means at least the occasional tick will occur. More useful in groups than the other morph assuming someone else in the group is using it.

Pulsar (4) – Minor Mangle (10% health debuff) for 30s. This morph is amazing, it essentially means your first hit does huge damage (assuming the targets will be dead in 30s) if soloing this is a definite winner of a morph. In groups it may be less useful because you only need one of your allies to have this morph, if more than one of you has it then the morph effect is essentially redundant (not that it matters too much as the base spell is already amazing).

So you're thinking it's Pulsar?

(big thanks to all who have weighed in)
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭
    xerasia wrote: »

Elemental Ring (4) – Adds a DoT for 10s. Downside to this morph is that you are likely spamming the heck out of this spell, so the DOT never really sees the light of day. However, at times you may mix in another spell which means at least the occasional tick will occur. More useful in groups than the other morph assuming someone else in the group is using it.

Pulsar (4) – Minor Mangle (10% health debuff) for 30s. This morph is amazing, it essentially means your first hit does huge damage (assuming the targets will be dead in 30s) if soloing this is a definite winner of a morph. In groups it may be less useful because you only need one of your allies to have this morph, if more than one of you has it then the morph effect is essentially redundant (not that it matters too much as the base spell is already amazing).

So you're thinking it's Pulsar?

(big thanks to all who have weighed in)

Yep exactly I ran it on my templar earlier in the game when it still reduced the life by 13% in a 8 m radius. Jst didnt know how it was called because I didnt use it for a long time
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent! Thank you all kindly for your input.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been noticing lately that some players' flames when they use AoE abilities with their destruction staff are blue and orange. I use the morphed Impulse ability, Elemental Ring, but am wondering if I would have morphed to Pulsar if this is what I would see. Or is this the result of sinking champion points into improving fire spell damage? Or maybe a class ability that Templars don't get?

Maybe it's a hybrid like a lightenings staff of inferno
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Maybe it's a hybrid like a lightenings staff of inferno

Enchantments don't change skill animation effects ^^
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...