The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Refining tempers help

iord_stryker
iord_stryker
✭✭✭
So I need tempers blue and higher. Can I get them from low tier materials? Is there a better drop rate so to speak with higher tiers? Example. Should I bulk buy raw iron or get dwarven?
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few sources of the upgrade materials: hirelings, writ rewards, other traders, deconstructing items of the quality of interest, and refining raw materials of type of interest. With the last three options, there is still just a chance of obtaining an upgrade material.

Each equipment profession has a passive skill (eg. Metal Extraction that improves your chances of obtaining blacksmithing ingredients including more powerful tempers from raw materials.) Based on my experience, the tier of the raw material doesn't seem to have an impact on the chance of obtaining tempers.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Options
  • iord_stryker
    iord_stryker
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I'd be just as good collection ore from zone 1 and 2 as the later zones.im max blacksmith and am sitting on vr1 so I'm starting to try and get my gear to at least purple as a standard.
    Options
  • Lordklinger
    Ok so I'd be just as good collection ore from zone 1 and 2 as the later zones.im max blacksmith and am sitting on vr1 so I'm starting to try and get my gear to at least purple as a standard.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste your resources at V1. I'm a V8 and just made my first set of all blue. I have had no problem tackling PVE content running green. Ultimately it's up to you, but it's not a necessity.
    Options
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    Just find the lowest lvl npc trader that sells blue weapons/armor, buy the most low-level or cheapest blue items from a blacksmith and a clothier and dismantle the items. If you've poured points into the relevant crafting skills, you'll be able to buy blue items at about 830so gold pr piece of gear. And you'll be able to dismantle this gear with an average blue-temper droprate of 7 tempers per 9 items.

This nets you a blue temper just less than 1100 gold per temper. Most trading guilds sell blue items at about 900-6000 g, and blue tempers are mostly minimum about 2000-2500 g a piece.

So just find the apropiate trader. If you're in the daggerfall covenant, go to the Alikr capital of Sentinel. There's several tradors that sell blue 'base' items at about lvl 31-32 or so.

I would imagine that the other alliances have traders at the same level that sell the same blue items

IMHO this is the easiest and cheapest way to obtain a steady influx of your blue tempers.
    Or just cruise the tradeguild stalls, you might once in a while find someone you doesn't reckognise the street value of blue items/tempers
    Options
  • Lordklinger
    gamsir wrote: »
    Just find the lowest lvl npc trader that sells blue weapons/armor, buy the most low-level or cheapest blue items from a blacksmith and a clothier and dismantle the items. If you've poured points into the relevant crafting skills, you'll be able to buy blue items at about 830so gold pr piece of gear. And you'll be able to dismantle this gear with an average blue-temper droprate of 7 tempers per 9 items.

This nets you a blue temper just less than 1100 gold per temper. Most trading guilds sell blue items at about 900-6000 g, and blue tempers are mostly minimum about 2000-2500 g a piece.

So just find the apropiate trader. If you're in the daggerfall covenant, go to the Alikr capital of Sentinel. There's several tradors that sell blue 'base' items at about lvl 31-32 or so.

I would imagine that the other alliances have traders at the same level that sell the same blue items

IMHO this is the easiest and cheapest way to obtain a steady influx of your blue tempers.
    Or just cruise the tradeguild stalls, you might once in a while find someone you doesn't reckognise the street value of blue items/tempers

This is not true. The market is flooded with purple and blue material because of pig farming. You can easily buy embroidery for $600 gold each. In fact, last night, I bought 100 purple's for 20,000 gold. The prices that I just mentioned are on the XB1, but I'm sure it's fairly consistent. Heck, just go grind in green shade and you will get a decent amount of blues and purples.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Embroidery is currently going for well less than that on xbox EU.

It goes for 300 in area chat

Now it's been patched, it will go back up in price so it's in line with metal and wood tempers. In a few weeks of course when people's stockpile is depleted.
    Options
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    A few tips to help you out. Find someone who has all the refining passives. Preferably a guild mate so you don't have to pay them. Let them refine your stuff if you don't have the passives maxed. With max passives you will get golds. With no max passives the highest you will ever see is purple. They nerfed refining a few updates back. I remember at launch you could have at least the first passive and still see golds. While I know most folks here hate the hirelings I still say get them because its an extra source for tempers especially if you are max passive hirelings. Besides there are so many extra skill points in this game its not like you have anything else to spend them on if you are sky shard hunting and doing the dungeons.
    Options
  • Lordklinger
    Mansome wrote: »
    A few tips to help you out. Find someone who has all the refining passives. Preferably a guild mate so you don't have to pay them. Let them refine your stuff if you don't have the passives maxed. With max passives you will get golds. With no max passives the highest you will ever see is purple. They nerfed refining a few updates back. I remember at launch you could have at least the first passive and still see golds. While I know most folks here hate the hirelings I still say get them because its an extra source for tempers especially if you are max passive hirelings. Besides there are so many extra skill points in this game its not like you have anything else to spend them on if you are sky shard hunting and doing the dungeons.

I love the hirelings. Why do people dislike them?
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Embroidery is currently going for well less than that on xbox EU.

It goes for 300 in area chat

Now it's been patched, it will go back up in price so it's in line with metal and wood tempers. In a few weeks of course when people's stockpile is depleted.

Ah...I've been wondering why my blacksmithing and woodworking tempers fly off the guild store shelves but my clothing tempers just sit there.
    Options