Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Dual Wield

Zephyr01
Zephyr01
✭✭
As a NightBlade with Dual Wield should I be using Swords or Daggers?
Edited by Zephyr01 on August 27, 2015 8:56AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't really matter until you look at the Twin Blade and Blunt passive

- Each dagger equipped will raise your weapon critical rating by 5%
    - Each sword equipped raises your weapon attacks by 2.5%

So it depends on whether you want critical or standard attacks. I believe this is the only difference - other than cosmetic of course. I prefer daggers because it fits the whole "Cloak 'n Dagger" theme.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB: There was a typo in OP that made this post make at least a little bit of sense. Rest assured, it was funny. Less so now except for making fun of me >:)

Welding is best done with a torch. It is quite difficult to rub two swords together fast enough to get the heat required to melt down the filler metal. Same for two daggers, for that matter, albeit their smaller size may make handling slightly easier.

If you insist on not using a torch, maybe try argonian maces. The flint used to fabricate those may have beneficial properties in regards to heat generation and a clashing movement can be performed faster than rubbing.

In general, I would strongly advise to try mono-welding first, since getting a good root weld singlehandedly is very, very difficult, let alone performing two simultaneously. The loss of time from failed NDT on welds more than eats up the time won by dual welding.

SCNR
    Edited by Leandor on August 27, 2015 9:46AM
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Ahhh, I see. The 'cloak & Dagger' with Daggers if I'm going for a true Rogue. But if I just want Damage I'd be better with Swords.

Thanks for that info.
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Welding is best done with a torch. It is quite difficult to rub two swords together fast enough to get the heat required to melt down the filler metal. Same for two daggers, for that matter, albeit their smaller size may make handling slightly easier.

If you insist on not using a torch, maybe try argonian maces. The flint used to fabricate those may have beneficial properties in regards to heat generation and a clashing movement can be performed faster than rubbing.

In general, I would strongly advise to try mono-welding first, since getting a good root weld singlehandedly is very, very difficult, let alone performing two simultaneously. The loss of time from failed NDT on welds more than eats up the time won by dual welding.

Lol, I agree. I was doing two things at once and when I realised I'd made a spelling mistake I found I couldn't 'Edit' on a first post.

Fun answer. Thanks :D

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I completely missed the "weld" thing. I think I've been spending so much time on eso that my brain merges anything with a W, L and D in it to "wield"
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zephyr01 wrote: »
    Ahhh, I see. The 'cloak & Dagger' with Daggers if I'm going for a true Rogue. But if I just want Damage I'd be better with Swords.

Thanks for that info.

On PTS, Swords increase your Weapon Damage by X% instead of the raw damage increase we have on live server. Dont know if its intended but as a Nightblade in Update 7, Daggers seem to be the answer.

With the major buff to the shadow mundus, you can get insane crit modifier between 180% and 190% increased crit damage, so the extra 10% crit from daggers outweight the swords bonus greatly.
    Edited by Jeckll on August 27, 2015 8:38AM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zephyr01 wrote: »

Lol, I agree. I was doing two things at once and when I realised I'd made a spelling mistake I found I couldn't 'Edit' on a first post.

Fun answer. Thanks :D
    Thanks for having a sense of humour :)

Editing the first post can be done as well, the cogwheel symbol is located next to topic title instead of inside the post as usual. Forum quirks ftw.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Editing the first post can be done as well, the cogwheel symbol is located next to topic title instead of inside the post as usual. Forum quirks ftw.

Probably not a great idea if the post gets edited. Your first comment would make you look like a crazy person with all the talk of welding (which I enjoyed btw).
  • Zephyr01
    Zephyr01
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that info, both on the Edit and Shadow Mundus. I'll go try to find one.

Dammit! I've just located a Shadow Mundus on a map and I won't be getting it for a couple of weeks at least. Even Thief or Warrior Mundus are just as far away. :/

I'm not taking Blacksmithing as a Craft so the Traits are out. I started doing that on my first char and even at Char lvl 40 I still couldn't make a weapon half as good as I was able to find or from an enemy drop.

Oh well. I'll press on :-)

Thanks folks :)
    Edited by Zephyr01 on August 27, 2015 9:19AM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably not a great idea if the post gets edited. Your first comment would make you look like a crazy person with all the talk of welding (which I enjoyed btw).
    But I'm used to be the odd one out and my sanity has been questioned so many times that I feel quite uncomfortable if someone calls me "normal" - feels like I lost it...