Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

i dont like to grind!

flow.currypoteb17_ESO
everything has been said. but to make it more clear:

"I DONT LIKE TO GRIND!"
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then ... don't.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Then ... don't.

Then don't gain any CP after VR14.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My comment still stands. If the game isn't enjoyable, adding "points" isn't going to make it so. If the game is enjoyable, then not making "points" isn't going to suddenly make it horrible.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play the game :D
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

You radical, you.
  • flow.currypoteb17_ESO
    i still dont like to grind in eso,...

guess what i go play DIABLO 3,... much more fun to grind in a game that is supposte to make u grind....

HAVE FUN
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be an AddOn which tells your HP and Mana in Orbs to make grinding enjoyable?
  • flow.currypoteb17_ESO
    just check it put urself. its a far better game when it comes to grinding. ... und basierend auf meinre erfahrung möchte ich auch behaupten, dass der grind in einem mmo nicht das hauptziel sein sollte. sondern herausforderungen die als gruppe gemeistet werden mit entsprechender belohnungs garantie!

over and out
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't like broccoli like I was told I would when all grown up.
    Edited by Sacadon on April 17, 2015 12:20PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »

I think there was a quote a long time ago from Charles Steinmetz in response to "working a 12 hour day" and he replied to the effect that the "work" part of his day was a very short part of it. He described "work" as the repetitive, non-enjoyable parts which provided no true challenge or sense of accomplishment.

Grinding would be like that for me, so I do not do it.

Exploring, questing, and just randomly wandering and harvesting what I find are fun for me, so that's what I do.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh, I can`t stand grinding either OP, but you won`t progress or get CP`s if you don`t.

It is what it is, adapt or don`t.

IMO even questing is a form of grinding as well, the whole progression system of the game is grinding in varying ways.

IE it requires effort to reach a goal, some people quest, some people grind, in the end, its all grinding...

Good luck in any case with w/e you do.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• flow.currypoteb17_ESO
    well i stopped ESO. and i dont think that i will come back. but u never know. and if i do. i dont think i will pay for this "game" ,...they play with us.

so yeah. have fun Zenimax, i wish that u will understand how to make a good MMO that suites me with the time.

Zenimaxis a broken promiss for me.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bye then..

Not sure what you want with the game, to get anywhere, you have to put effort in and "grind".

You do not seem to want too, so not really sure what you want, but shrugs....

Plus to say that you wish zeni would know how to make a good MMO when you were as vague as you can get with your OP, then good luck with that.

Any game that has progression in it, requires grinding.

Don`t wanna accept it then don`t

It is not Zenis fault, maybe gaming is not for you.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

You radical, you.

yeah I know :)

I luv living on the edge, dont know which edge, just know I love being there :D
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can i has your stuffz?
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can i has your stuffz?

Lol OP probably does not have any decent stuff, if he hates grinding and putting in any degree of effort in a progression based game, then whatever stuff he has actually got, probably aint worth nothing.....

Just saying:P

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    First....there is a lot of confusion what grind is and why a game needs grind.

Grinding is repeating content to such an extend that you reach hard to get rewards (not exclusivly items, but also titles or even ranks). An MMO can't do without it. the reason is very simple. It is impossible to create content as quick as people play through it. As you still want loyal players, you have to have grinds so people are rewarded for repeating content.

So grind itself isn't an issue. What is an issue is that people feel forced to grind and/or grind is made too limited. The question is if that feeling is a justified feeling.

So first question would be if the grind is too limited?
    The answer is in my opinion that it isn't. There is room for improvement. For example, it should be possible to do cadwell silver and gold for all zones. This would reduce the limitation of not getting to VR15. But it could be far worse. As the championrank system is getting revamped as new DLC's for end game are added there are also plenty of plans to bypass the existing issues.

The second question is if the need to grind is something that is justified.
    In other words...are you limited in your other experiences if you don't grind?
    In my opinion, the hardcore grind in this game is only needed for wealth or sattisfying someones COD. That doesn't make the feeling wrong, but it is not something the game could or should provide in.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there was a quote a long time ago from Charles Steinmetz in response to "working a 12 hour day" and he replied to the effect that the "work" part of his day was a very short part of it. He described "work" as the repetitive, non-enjoyable parts which provided no true challenge or sense of accomplishment.

Grinding would be like that for me, so I do not do it.

Exploring, questing, and just randomly wandering and harvesting what I find are fun for me, so that's what I do.

I certainly relate to that as the challenges and exploring do motivate me the most.
    Lately though I've found grinding a bit relaxing actually. I found a place where I can just repetitively go from mobs to mobs and zone out while doing it. Still, this is just trying to make the best of an unfavorable situation.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    have yet to come across an mmo that didn't have some sort of grind.
    goes for most of the single player games I enjoy as well.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I certainly relate to that as the challenges and exploring do motivate me the most.
    Lately though I've found grinding a bit relaxing actually. I found a place where I can just repetitively go from mobs to mobs and zone out while doing it. Still, this is just trying to make the best of an unfavorable situation.

The closest I have come to that is an area that spawns swarms of wasps. I have a character that was really struggling with her WW nature, and going here and being able to kill many targets (and survive the process as a crappy low-skilled WW) was nice.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    i have never grinded and I'm lvl 47 ..... and i pre ordered the game

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    doesnt like to grind...plays a mmo. gtfo
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

• MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP if you don't enjoy grinding, I would suggest spending some time in Cyrodiil doing the daily quest hubs there with a mix of doing the dungeons and caves you come across. It is the same content day after day but having to avoid the PvPers or being prepared to fight them adds another level to it.

beyond that there isn't much else to do for your champion points beyond finding the grind. If you find the correct place you can get a point a day with very little effort and it wouldn't add up to too much time.

There is also the option to not worry about champ points and just go play, since I opted for that I have found myself enjoying my time in game far more. Also, don't forget to do the provisioner writs to get the recipe for xp pots, as that'll up your gains.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • TheEmoVampire
    TheEmoVampire
    ✭✭✭
    don't grind then lol, I never grind and i reached VR14 a few days ago and at that time i had not even completed Cadwell's Gold, trust me when i say this, grinding is pointless until after you've reached VR 14. I was VR 1 before i even got into The Rift!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Solitude
    Solitude
    Soul Shriven
    Every game has some element of grinding in; even other genres.
    Xbox One EU Player, GMT Timezone
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    Before you leave give me all your gold and loot thanks. :D
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What where you trying to accomplish be this
    everything has been said. but to make it more clear:

"I DONT LIKE TO GRIND!"

@flow.currypoteb17_ESO