Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Best place to farm leather?

Jambo
Jambo
where is it? ore and plants are easy to farm but its annoying for medium armor :(
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs,wolves and pretty much any animal (clannfear and other daedra don't count)
  • Jambo
    Jambo
    mudcrabs? i'm not talking about rawhide lol
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's leather for? Lvl 16+?
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    @Jambo wrote: »
    mudcrabs? i'm not talking about rawhide lol
    You need rawhide scraps and refine those before you can create medium armor. Easy way is to hunt as @mutharex explained.
    Edited by Frosthawk on April 6, 2014 10:46AM
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    What's leather for? Lvl 16+?

25+

I hate farming material for medium armor. I can accrue stacks and stacks of ore and cloth, but the medium armor material just doesn't seem to pile up nearly as fast even when I am trying to focus on killing the proper mobs.
  • vanderghast
    vanderghast
    ✭✭
    Killing Werewolves, for level <= 14, they have a nice loot in fur ratio.
  • Jambo
    Jambo
    i want LEATHER not rawhide, not hide... LEATHER!! its for lvl 26+
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on April 6, 2014 11:06AM
  • vanderghast
    vanderghast
    ✭✭
    Some people uses generic terms, so unless you precisely mentioned that it was specifically for level 26+ before,... hum, you didn't, ...[edit] It was maybe crystal clear, in YOUR HEAD, but not in your post. Sorry. Learn and be more precise, next time, or live and let live with what you get in return.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]

Edited by ZOS_MaryB on August 25, 2015 12:32PM
  • bggoetzb16_ESO
    bggoetzb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Read the title...
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Leather is for medium armor Level 16 to level 24. No one answer'd his question so i will re-ask it ..........

What ANIMALS Have LEATHER SCRAPS ?
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    ........ just found out Alit's have them in Shadowfen.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Jambo wrote: »

People are here to help, try not to jump down their throats.

"Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO

well manners aside, if you are up to leather, therefore you have worked through rawhide and hide, which both comes from crabs and wolves and the like (just depending on what level they are on), the answer other people keep saying is right. It is from crabs and wolves and the like, just the higher level ones up from the tier you get hide from.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Mudcrabs,wolves and pretty much any animal (clannfear and other daedra don't count)

I've gotten leather off of clannfear and imps. They're sometimes more trouble than they're worth if all you're doing is farming leather though.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • gerry70b16_ESO
    Mudcrabs, Guar, Crocs in Shadowfen all drop Leather Scraps, though not 100% of the time.
    We play Minecraft! DothrakiGaming.com
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leather is for medium armor Level 16 to level 24. No one answer'd his question so i will re-ask it ..........

Level 16-24 is Hide, not leather.
  • rockamus_ESO
    rockamus_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Found a decent farming spot in Malabal Tor for the Aldmeri Dominion folks....plenty of the Senche Tigers in the circled area, and respawn rate was pretty good.....I scored 40 leather scraps in about half an hour....happy hunting!! :)
    leather.jpg
    Edited by rockamus_ESO on April 21, 2014 10:02PM
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    It gets easy later on in VR content. Much easy than picking plants and ore. There are a few real good farming spots.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if some dungeons drops lots of it?
    Note you can use light armor to level skill and medium to use.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SluggoV2
    SluggoV2
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have a good farming spot in Shadowfen?

It seems that only higher level mobs are dropping leather scraps. Leather starts at lvl 26 but drops only from lvl 30 mobs. So at level 25/26 you get your arse handed to you by level 30 mobs cause they are typically triggered in packs of 2 to 4, which is a handful for me at my current level.

Funny thing is, is that I have had Cotton and Orichalcum Ores in my inventory since level 20 or so, but can't seem to find any leather.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The items animal gives you are scaled. A wolf will give you rawhide in starting zone, hide in level 20 zone, leather in level 30 zone.

Basically, just keep killing wolves, skeevers, bears and mudcrabs in the zone that matches your levels.
    Edited by crislevin on April 22, 2014 4:58PM
  • Mailmann
    Mailmann
    ✭✭✭
    where is it? ore and plants are easy to farm but its annoying for medium armor :(
    I agree that it is a bit too difficult to acquire leather/hide as compared to the rest of the crafting materials. I would love to see some containers start dropping medium armor crafting materials to offset the difficulty of collecting it from beasts... or simply make it a guaranteed drop off of beasts.

• Couq
    Couq
    Soul Shriven
    SluggoV2 wrote: »
    Funny thing is, is that I have had Cotton and Orichalcum Ores in my inventory since level 20 or so, but can't seem to find any leather.

Because you pick that up from natural ressources the region for level 16-24, for some reason those spawns in level 16-24 region as well. Whereas leather only comes from killed animals/monsters then you've to go into the 25-34 region, and even the starting area isn't giving you any leather since the intermediate animals around are just level 24-25, you need to find level 26 animals.
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    ........ just found out Alit's have them in Shadowfen.

Any animal mob that is level 26 to 34 will drop leather scraps. So if you are in the Ebonheart that will be Shadowfen.
    Mudcrabs in Shadowfen are level 25 so you will only get hide off of those.

• Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    harpys and those lil dingo hyena dog thingys out in alik'r desert.. if it helps theres also a earth forge like right in the middle of the map.. called Rkulftzel
    I'm outta here
  • Bambo0
    Bambo0
    Soul Shriven
    I found a video for the Aldmeri Dominion in Greenshade. The lvl 25 mobs still drop hide scraps. But check out this location:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=L3ZLfGZ7ZS0
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the northwest in Greenshade. Lots of level 29 or so alligators on the shores near to the Seaside shrine.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ones with skin.