Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Templar Dawn's Wrath not building Ultimate

Fena
Fena
Soul Shriven
I've reported to TESO that my vet 2 Templar (xbox) isn't gaining ultimate while using any Dawn's Wrath skill & their less than stellar response was "There are no known issues, try asking about it in the forums"

So here it goes... On my skill bar I have Solar Prison ultimate, Innner Light, Structured Entropy, Breath of Life, Spear Shards, & have swapped between Radiant Druction & Vampires Bane. I'm have all the Dawn's Wrath passives at 2 ranks including Prism which should grant 3 additional Ultimate when activating a Dawn's Wrath ability (6 second cooldown)

Neither DW ability is granting any ultimate. 3 other templars I've talked to online are having the same issue.

Is anyone else noticing this? Are the 4 of us missing something with our varied builds that's causing this to happen?

If it's a bug as we suspect, can we get some extra reports to get action from TESO

THANX
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that it only works if you are already generating ultimate from light/heavy attacks or heals. Are you testing that out, as well?
    Edited by Aett_Thorn on August 25, 2015 6:04PM
  • Fena
    Fena
    Soul Shriven
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    I believe that it only works if you are already generating ultimate from light/heavy attacks or heals. Are you testing that out, as well?

By "it" are you referring to the Dawn's Wrath passive Prism?

As described in the tool tip, it should increase the amount of ultimate I gain when using any Dawn's Wrath ability. Vampires Bane, Radiant Destruction, etc...

My other skills: Spear Shards & Breath of Life as well as, resto staff (right trigger attack) build it. Just not any DW abilities
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Spear Shards is building Ultimate, that is actually a bug. Here is how Ultimate is built now:

Light and Heavy attacks (builds X ultimate over 8 seconds after using one)
    Healing someone who is gaining Ultimate from light/heavy attacks (same generation rate as using a light/heavy attack)

Passives that give you X ultimate on skill use (usually only when you are gaining ultimate anyways)
    Death of certain enemies (Fighter's Guild skill passive and Death Stroke morph)

General skill usage doesn't just generate ultimate from nowhere. If you are not using light/heavy attacks, or healing someone who is, then you shouldn't gain Ultimate.
  • Fena
    Fena
    Soul Shriven
    Ok I understand what you are saying. What are Vampires Bane & Radiant DestructDestruction considered as? Light attack, heavy attack or something else? I haven't found anything that lays out which attacks are which.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fena wrote: »
    Ok I understand what you are saying. What are Vampires Bane & Radiant DestructDestruction considered as? Light attack, heavy attack or something else? I haven't found anything that lays out which attacks are which.

Light attack: tap left mouse button

Heavy attack: hold down left mouse button

Anything else is a skill.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fena wrote: »
    Light attacks are actually swinging/firing your weapon.
    Heavy attacks are the same, but when you hold the button down to charge a stronger hit.

Nothing on your skill bar is considered a light/heavy attack.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Fena
    Fena
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys, when I get online again. I will verify that it's not working after I preform a light or heavy attack. I'm 90% sure it's not (as use both while fighting) but, want to be 100%
  • Fena
    Fena
    Soul Shriven
    Update. I must not have been weaving enough light & heavy attacks into my fighting.

I logged on and did a light attack and waited 8 seconds several times as well as a heavy attack with 8 sec wait & judged the amount of ultimate gained. After getting a good read, I tired both a light attack & heavy attack followed by radiant destruction 6 seconds later & can see it adding to my ultimate above what the light & heavy attacks add.

Thank you Aett_Thorn & driosketch for the advice/help

P.S. Aett_Thorn I mis spoke about spear shards giving me ultimate. I checked that as well & it does not
    Edited by Fena on August 25, 2015 7:42PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still a good idea to test. Pretty sure things like this passive have been broken in the past.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●