Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Wounds In The World Quest is messed up

Zamptyy
Zamptyy
This quest in Deshaan is glitching out the last portal that you have to close which is in the courtyard. The watcher will not spawn causing us to be unable to complete this quest and also causing us to stay in Silver and not go to Gold
Edited by Zamptyy on August 22, 2015 5:55AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try abandoning the quest, logging off for fifteen minutes to allow the area to reset, then trying again and doing the portals in a different order.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Imply
    Imply
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue, and have been having it for about 4-5 days now. I have tried to log off, abandon the quest, close the portals in a different order. I even dragged another watcher from a different portal over to it, and nothing. I'm really hoping they fix it soon as it has really slowed down my leveling, and It is the last quest I need to get to cadwells gold.
  • Zamptyy
    Zamptyy
    Imply wrote: »
    I am having the same issue, and have been having it for about 4-5 days now. I have tried to log off, abandon the quest, close the portals in a different order. I even dragged another watcher from a different portal over to it, and nothing. I'm really hoping they fix it soon as it has really slowed down my leveling, and It is the last quest I need to get to cadwells gold.

Yea same here im now in eastmarch and a NPC is missing kinda just like the watcher and no matter what i do it wont appear
  • Zamptyy
    Zamptyy
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Try abandoning the quest, logging off for fifteen minutes to allow the area to reset, then trying again and doing the portals in a different order.

Nothing will work they are having some major issues if you just go over by the area you will see tons of people just standing around and no matter what you do will fix it. I even said forget it i went on questing in different areas ended up in eastmarch and a NPC is missing i have done everything and still no luck
    Edited by Zamptyy on August 24, 2015 9:35PM
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zamptyy wrote: »

Nothing will work they are having some major issues if you just go over by the area you will see tons of people just standing around and no matter what you do will fix it. I even said forget it i went on questing in different areas ended up in eastmarch and a NPC is missing i have done everything and still no luck

Not finding excuses, but some explanations here.
    The console version (I assume you are on the console, cause the pc-verison has no issues) is still very new. The update process is still very new to ZOS. So they can't take too much in a single update. On top of that, whenever an update gets ready, it takes bout 2 weeks for MS and sony to give it an ok to go.

the result is that it takes months to fix an issue. Again, it is not an excuse, but an explaination. Make sure you report bugs asap. the sooner they are aware of a bug and have verified it needs speedy action, the soone it wil get resolved. but that will takes still a lot of time cause of how console updates take a lot more time.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Acirijan
    Acirijan
    Soul Shriven
    Same as everyone else with this problem, info i submitted in a support ticket below.
    Also last quest to progress to Cadwell's Gold. Kind of a game stopper here.
    xbox one as well.

Would be really nice if someone would respond with,, yes we are aware of this issue, it is broken, addressed in next patch/hotfix or whatever.

AD Alliance playing Cadwell's Silver.
    Quest - The Wounds in the World.
    Stuck on a BROKEN step
    Task - Kill Watchers to Close Portals: 3/4.
    The 4th watcher does not show up. The portal is there, but not the watcher.
    I have logged out and back in again, waited a few days to try again, no watcher shows up.
    Have spoken to Priest Dilyne again, no help.
    Many people standing around unable to complete Cadwell's Silver due to this issue.
    WHEN CAN WE EXPECT A FIX FOR THIS?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zamptyy wrote: »
    Then that is the problem. Too many people in one location inevitably causes a quest to bug out. (Remember Jathsogur and the Moonlit Path? Same issue.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp