Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon's Hallow World Boss with NO GIANT, Help Please

jaws0979
jaws0979
Soul Shriven
Been trying to complete the world boss battle at dragon's hallow in Eastmarch but only the mammoth is there and the giant never spawns.Is there a trick I'm missing, help please?
  • jaws0979
    jaws0979
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone?
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The giant is normally just sitting around by the bonfire. Have you tried just killing the mammoth and seeing if both respawn?
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • jaws0979
    jaws0979
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I killed the mammoth 4 times and it respawns right after but no giant.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounbds like you might have to write a ticket saying that a boss isnt spawning unfortunately.

From what i have seen the GMs are pretty speedy in sorting it out
    Edited by Dekkameron on August 22, 2015 4:30AM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • jaws0979
    jaws0979
    Soul Shriven
    Know how to bring it to their attention?
  • jaws0979
    jaws0979
    Soul Shriven
    Contacted Tech Support about the issue to which they told me "Move on and come back later, these things have a way of working themselves out." Really? Your game isn't working and instead of fixing it, you tell me to move on and maybe by a miracle the game will fix its self.
  • subseven75
    subseven75
    Soul Shriven
    Well whaddaya expect from these guys?

I have been camping the thing off and on with 15-20 other cats who are having same problem. Once in awhile it spawns for one of the guys, but is broken for most everybody else.

I'll keep trying over the next few days and hopefully it will sort out. I'm a completionist and something like this would probably end my time with this game for awhile.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws0979 wrote: »
    Contacted Tech Support about the issue to which they told me "Move on and come back later, these things have a way of working themselves out." Really? Your game isn't working and instead of fixing it, you tell me to move on and maybe by a miracle the game will fix its self.
    That is actually quite likely. If there are no players in the area for a while, it will reset itself, but if people keep going through there, or "camping the thing off and on", the reset timer for the area doesn't always go far enough to actually fully reset the area.
    Edited by Enodoc on August 24, 2015 9:08AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp