The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we get an option to switch instances?

Infinite12
Infinite12
✭✭✭✭
Going into delves and mines and dungeons where someone's already been though and killed the bosses or looted everything is getting boring. Can we get an option to just take us to a different instance? So many times I've logged out and back in and I'm in the same exact instance.
[GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
My Characters
Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if logging out and in actually changes your instance. If you're in a group you can teleport to another player to get into the same instance (helpful for guilds) but that doesn't really sound like your issue.

Only reason I can see that they wouldn't give you the option is to keep the server balanced. It probably auto places characters in the least filled instance when they log-in to keep everything balanced out.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but it's ***. The dungeons and delves being completely looted when I get into then is garbage. And the bosses in dungeons, the wait time for those to respawn is hideous.
    My Characters

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah!

Clear delve, switch instance, clear delve, repeat...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the time on delve bosses is that a new player doesn't know where the boss should be and will end up circling the delve repeatedly. Some delves are more obvious with one way doors near the boss. Others aren't.

I'm sure I'm partly to blame for this as I did a lot of delve boss farming at launch.

The other situation is trying to get all the bosses in those fancier dungeons in each zone, I forget what they are called. For that, you can get an addon that says where all those bosses are that helps, but the wait is darn long. Since completion of the dungeon does not depend on those bosses and since clearing the bosses is all about the achievement, I can accept that it takes a lot of effort. Sometimes it requires logging on at weird hours.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    The problem with the time on delve bosses is that a new player doesn't know where the boss should be and will end up circling the delve repeatedly. Some delves are more obvious with one way doors near the boss. Others aren't.

I'm sure I'm partly to blame for this as I did a lot of delve boss farming at launch.

The other situation is trying to get all the bosses in those fancier dungeons in each zone, I forget what they are called. For that, you can get an addon that says where all those bosses are that helps, but the wait is darn long. Since completion of the dungeon does not depend on those bosses and since clearing the bosses is all about the achievement, I can accept that it takes a lot of effort. Sometimes it requires logging on at weird hours.

Where do you get these xbox eso addons?
    My Characters

• Imply
    Imply
    Soul Shriven
    From what I was told, you can always just log out for 5 min to be put into another instance. Atleast that is what they told me when a quest was bugged for me.