Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Maxed out horse

ThretZ-92
ThretZ-92
I heard that the appearance of horse changes when you hit a certain milestone when upgrading your horse. Does anyone of a photo of a maxed out horse for all the three stats?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why am I so helpful instead of saying "JFGI"?

eso-frost-mare-mount-2.jpg

Head armor = 20 stamina, the straps = 20 speed, the saddle bags = 20 capacity. No more bonus for maxing out. Back when this was horse stats and not rider stats, you'd get a saddle cloth in your faction's color, but that has disappeared.

Credits: Thanks ESO fashion for that pic.
    Edited by Leandor on August 21, 2015 2:24PM
  • ThretZ-92
    ThretZ-92
    Nice, thanks
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're welcome :)
  • Legendary2150
    Legendary2150
    ✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Why am I so helpful instead of saying "JFGI"?

eso-frost-mare-mount-2.jpg

Head armor = 20 stamina, the straps = 20 speed, the saddle bags = 20 capacity. No more bonus for maxing out. Back when this was horse stats and not rider stats, you'd get a saddle cloth in your faction's color, but that has disappeared.

Credits: Thanks ESO fashion for that pic.

Your awesome thx for picture
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <snip>

Actually, ESO fashion is awesome for bothering with collecting all and every aspect of the visual art of ESO. I just copy and pasted from their site.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    <snip>

Actually, ESO fashion is awesome for bothering with collecting all and every aspect of the visual art of ESO. I just copy and pasted from their site.

Got one for us lion users?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unlocks like this should be account wide. im angered its not account wide.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    unlocks like this should be account wide. im angered its not account wide.

Riding skills should absolutely NOT be account-wide.

Your mount skins are now account-wide, be happy with that. At PC launch every character on your account had to buy and level their own mounts. Now the huge expense (the price of the mounts themselves) has been greatly reduced to virtually nothing (10,000 g or or a single crown store purchase for all the characters you will ever have is a steal).

You are essentially complaining about paying 250G a day on a character to level their riding skills to max level. You can make 250G in minutes...that's stealing one blue item. MMOs have to have both gold and time sinks (riding skill training is both of these) to survive and have any kind of "economy".

There are a lot of things to be "angered" by in ESO, having to train your riding skills on each character is not one of them.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the reason im angered about this is because i have a maxed out horse on my now v14 alt that i will never use again in pvp, but now on my 2 new v14 characters thier horse goes slower then when i walk. it will take me a few months on EACH character to get that horse to even be medium speed which is rediculas and just lame - forces me to go into sneak and never keep up with the group and gets me kicked out of groups alot because im way far behind and thier miles ahead of me. so thats the reason im angered NOT because of the gold cost.
    and by the way, what im angry about and what i think and feel about decisions and feelings i have about eso is not something you need to correct.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    There are a lot of things to be "angered" by in ESO, having to train your riding skills on each character is not one of them.

I have exactly 1 character. Problem solved. :)
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    the reason im angered about this is because i have a maxed out horse on my now v14 alt that i will never use again in pvp, but now on my 2 new v14 characters thier horse goes slower then when i walk. it will take me a few months on EACH character to get that horse to even be medium speed which is rediculas and just lame - forces me to go into sneak and never keep up with the group and gets me kicked out of groups alot because im way far behind and thier miles ahead of me. so thats the reason im angered NOT because of the gold cost.
    and by the way, what im angry about and what i think and feel about decisions and feelings i have about eso is not something you need to correct.

1. You must have some speed buffs then, because an unleveled character on horseback is faster than an unbuffed walking character.
    2. Why did you not just level up the riding skill as you were leveling up the characters?
    3. If you express your opinion and emotions on a public forum, people will try to understand that opinion and emotion. That's an integral component of communication. Sometimes this takes the form of disagreement. Recognize that just as you expressed your feelings, the other posters are just expressing theirs.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

You are, of course, entitled to your feelings/opinions...and I didn't mean to offend you, but I still stand by my opinion that games like this need both time and money sinks to remain stable. The developers already got rid of a large portion of the money sink involved with leveling horses, they shouldn't (IMO) get rid of the time sink altogether too. Besides, if it is that important to you to have a speed boost on your horse for PvP, you already have an available workaround...you can buy crowns and pay for the riding lessons. Might not be your ideal solution, but it is there.

Again just my opinion, but I don't think that new alt characters should get all the perks that our old characters have (for what it's worth, I'm also one of those people who dislike the champion system being account wide).