Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Is there a limit to number of skills attainable through reading books? If so, wait to read?

tangentman
Forgive me if this was discussed, I couldn't find it. I was wondering if there is a limit to the number of skill increases you can get from books. If so, I imagine it would be better to wait to read them until higher level so as to get the most benefit from reading them. Has there been official word on this? Are max level characters finding they are still receiving skill upgrades from reading books?
Thanks
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you trigger a book shelf, they can give exp towards a set skill. If you do this early, it will level that skill, if you do it later, you will still get the same exp, but it will not be enough to level the skill. So it makes no difference as to when you trigger it.

Its just hard to 'track' the skill based exp without add-ons, but they are the same amount. (But its capped, it will never be more then one skill up for a set skill from a bookshelf)

So for the best value, get most skills to around ten, so you get the most out of the bookshelf 'exp' but there are SO many bookshelf, its not worth worrying about it.

Later on you will click 30+ in a row and think your getting nothing, but you are (if you have an add-on to track it) its just not enough to level it.

By the time your in your Veteran levels, you will see its too easy to level most things to even worry about clicking on bookshelf's anymore
  • tangentman
    thanks!
  • RollDodger
    RollDodger
    ✭✭
    its not true
    you always will get EXP for WHOLE LEVEL